Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read recent news about President Donald Trump and Trump's Latest Tweets on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
Lawmaker Makes Gaffe
Praising Abortion Decision
Jun 26, 2022 8:35 AM CDT
Lawmaker Makes Gaffe Praising Abortion Decision
Rep. Mary Miller calls it a 'victory for white life'
- Rep. Mary Miller of Illinois, speaking at a rally Saturday night with former President Trump, called the Supreme Court's decision overturning Roe v. Wade a “victory for white life.” Miller's spokesman said the Illinois Republican had intended to say the decision was a victory for a...
Trump's Public, Private Views
on Roe Decision May Be Split
Jun 26, 2022 7:02 AM CDT
Trump's Public, Private Views on Roe Decision May Be Split
Former president hails the ruling at rally, has reportedly expressed doubts in private
- Former President Trump's supporters are praising him in the wake of the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade , and Trump himself is publicly celebrating the ruling. But the
New York Times
reports that Trump's private views appear to be less enthusiastic. At a rally in...
of Jan. 6 Panel
Jun 21, 2022 10:15 AM CDT
Little-Known Film Project Gets Attention of Jan. 6 Panel
House committee subpoenas filmmaker who had inner-circle access to Trump, shot footage of riot
- The House Jan. 6 panel gavels back into session on Tuesday afternoon, with the focus expected to be on efforts by former President Trump and his allies to pressure state officials to reject election results, reports NBC News . But Politico is reporting an intriguing new wrinkle expected to be sussed...
Trump: McCarthy Blew It
on Jan. 6 Panel
Jun 21, 2022 5:15 AM CDT
Trump: McCarthy Blew It on Jan. 6 Panel
Former president faults decision to not have any Republicans on committee
- In protest over House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejecting two of them, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy withdrew
his picks from the panel investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot, leaving only anti-Trump Republicans as the GOP members of the committee. How does Donald Trump feel about that decision? Not...
Biden Team Wants
Everything to Point
to Another Run
Jun 17, 2022 5:35 PM CDT
Biden Team Wants Everything to Point to Another Run
Advisers have no doubt about reelection campaign if Trump is the opponent
- It's not entirely clear that President Biden will run for reelection in 2024, but it's clear that his advisers want it to look that way. The Biden team is taking steps to head off talk of Democrats finding another candidate by portraying the president and his organization as...
as an Issue
Jun 14, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Biden's Age Reemerges as an Issue
White House balks amid concerns about 'geriatric leadership'
- The White House is brushing off concerns that the 79-year-old president's age could affect his reelection bid as "fallacious" and not worth listening to. Asked Monday whether President Biden could handle another presidential campaign, press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told CNN , "That is not a question that we...
Regarding Jan. 6 Hearings
Jun 14, 2022 1:04 AM CDT
Trump Issues 12-Page Statement Regarding Jan. 6 Hearings
Former president calls it a 'Kangaroo Court'
- Former President Trump on Monday released his response to the Jan. 6 hearings being held by a House committee, or, more accurately, he released 12 pages' worth of his responses to the hearings. The upshot, per the Hill , is that Trump still believes he won the 2020 election and is...
Democrats: Justice Department
Could Look at Indicting Trump
Jun 12, 2022 5:05 PM CDT
Democrats: Justice Department Could Look at Indicting Trump
There's enough evidence, Jan. 6 panel members
- Democratic members of the House committee holding hearings on the attack on the Capitol said Sunday there's sufficient evidence for the Justice Department to consider indicting former President Donald Trump. "I would like to see the Justice Department investigate any credible allegation of criminal activity on the part...
Giuliani Faces Ethics Charge
Jun 11, 2022 2:15 PM CDT
Giuliani Faces Ethics Charge
Trump lawyer had claimed election fraud to court in Pennsylvania
- Rudy Giuliani could be prohibited from practicing law in the District of Columbia, after the disciplinary arm of the DC Bar filed an ethics case over his advocacy of false fraud claims in the 2020 presidential election. The charge involves claims Giuliani made in a federal court about a lawsuit...
of Voter Fraud
Jun 11, 2022 9:15 AM CDT
Pence's Legal Team Rebuffed Trump's Claims of Voter Fraud
According to Jan. 1, 2021, memo from former VP's legal team obtained by Politico
- Relations have seemed, well, strained between former President Donald Trump and Mike Pence, who served as his vice president, ever since Pence refused to go along with Trump's plan to block the certification of the 2020 election results on Jan. 6, 2021. Now, perhaps some more context behind that...
Trump Responds to Ivanka's
View on Election Fraud
Jun 10, 2022 8:59 AM CDT
Trump Responds to Ivanka's View on Election Fraud
Former president says she 'had checked out,' wasn't plugged in to same information he had
- Former President Trump doesn't sound thrilled with daughter Ivanka's view of the 2020 election. In Thursday night's House hearing on the election aftermath and Capitol riot, the panel played a snippet of Ivanka's videotaped testimony in which she said she accepted then-Attorney General William Barr's...
After 3 Years, Trump Will
Face the Music in NY Court
Jun 9, 2022 6:27 AM CDT
After 3 Years, Trump Will Face the Music in NY Court
Former president, 2 children will give depositions starting July 15
- Former President Trump, his namesake son, and his daughter Ivanka have agreed to answer questions under oath next month in the civil investigation by state Attorney General Letitia James into his business practices—unless their lawyers persuade the state's highest court to step in. A Manhattan judge signed off...
Jared Kushner on Election
Night: 'We're Moving to Miami'
Jun 8, 2022 3:29 PM CDT
Jared Kushner on Election Night: 'We're Moving to Miami'
Neither he nor Ivanka believed claims of stolen election, reports the 'New York Times'
- Books offering new details about the actions of the Trump family in the wake of the 2020 election keep coming, and the latest nugget focuses on Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump. In the
New York Times
, Peter Baker reports that neither believed Donald Trump's claims about a stolen election,...
Day Before Riot, Pence Aide
Warned Secret Service
Jun 3, 2022 2:00 PM CDT
Day Before Riot, Pence Aide Warned Secret Service
Chief of staff feared violent reaction to Trump's criticism over election certification
- Vice President Mike Pence's chief of staff wasn't sure what was going to happen on Jan. 6, 2021. But he knew President Trump was about to publicly denounce Pence for not trying to block Congress from certifying Joe Biden's electoral victory in the presidential election, and he...
Report: Trump 'Stunned'
by Georgia Primary Result
May 30, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
Report: Trump 'Stunned' by Georgia Primary Result
Insiders say he wasn't expecting big Raffensperger win
- Candidates endorsed by former President Donald Trump were roundly defeated in last week's Republican primaries in Georgia—and insiders say Trump was most shocked by the victory of Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger. The
, citing sources close to Trump, reports that the former president was "disappointed"...
May 29, 2022 11:15 AM CDT
Fire Cheney, Trump Tells Wyoming Rally
'She has gone crazy,' former president tells crowd in Casper
- Former President Donald Trump told thousands of Wyoming voters on Saturday that theirs is "the most important election that we have," and that they should use it to remove Rep. Liz Cheney from Congress because "she has gone crazy." Trump, who did not visit the state...
Trump Piles On Abbott, Other
No-Shows at NRA Meeting
May 28, 2022 7:45 AM CDT
Trump Piles On Abbott, Other No-Shows at NRA Meeting
'Unlike some, I did not disappoint you,' Trump told crowd gathered in Houston on Friday
- The NRA's Houston convention went on as planned Friday, despite protests due to the deadly mass shooting on Tuesday across the state in Uvalde. And although some big names pulled out of the gun rights advocacy group's annual meeting in the 11th hour, former President Donald Trump wasn'...
Gun Owners, Protesters
Meet at NRA Convention
May 27, 2022 6:08 PM CDT
Gun Owners, Protesters Meet at NRA Convention
Trump tells members mental health is the issue
- Thousands of gun owners and protesters converged in Houston on Friday for the kickoff of the National Rifle Association's convention, a divide heightened by the massacre at a Texas elementary school on Tuesday. Despite the slayings, the NRA billed the event as "a freedom-filled weekend for the entire...
Judge Orders Trump
to Sit for Deposition
May 26, 2022 12:45 PM CDT
Judge Orders Trump to Sit for Deposition
Former president can appeal or plead the 5th as part of New York state investigation
- Former President Trump must answer questions under oath in New York state’s civil investigation into his business practices, a state appeals court ruled Thursday. A four-judge panel in the appellate division of the state’s trial court upheld Manhattan Judge Arthur Engoron’s Feb. 17 ruling enforcing subpoenas for...
Brian Kemp Trounced
Challenger. Here's How
May 25, 2022 12:01 AM CDT
Brian Kemp Trounced His Trump-Backed Challenger. Here's How
Politico does a deep dive on Georgia governor's primary campaign
- Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp did more than just fend off a challenger backed by former President Trump in the state's Republican gubernatorial primary on Tuesday—he got more than triple the votes former Sen. David Perdue did, and an extensive piece at Politico looks at how Kemp "crushed...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Collins on Roe Ruling: 'I Feel Misled'
Experts Are Raising Eyebrows at Laundrie Confession
Garland Warns States About Abortion Pills
Missing at Sea for 11 Days, Va. Couple Emerges
Shooting at Pride Fest Leaves 2 Dead, 10 Seriously Injured
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.