Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read recent news about President Donald Trump and Trump's Latest Tweets on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Arrives at NYC
Court for Fraud Trial
Oct 2, 2023 9:11 AM CDT
Trump Arrives at NYC Court for Fraud Trial
New York attorney general Letitia James says 'no one is above the law'
- Former President Trump showed up on Monday for a trial in a lawsuit that could cost him control of Trump Tower and other prized properties, after vowing to defend his reputation in a case he calls "a sham." Trump, who built his political career on his fame as...
Be in Court
Oct 2, 2023 7:19 AM CDT
Trump: I'll Be in Court Monday to Defend Name
Former president's civil trial over his business empire begins in New York
- Former President Trump promises to be in a Manhattan courtroom Monday as one of his ongoing legal fights reaches the trial stage. "I'm going to Court tomorrow morning to fight for my name and reputation," he wrote on his Truth Social platform Sunday, per the BBC . "...
Trump's Team Left Birdcage
at Nikki Haley's Hotel Room
Oct 2, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Trump's Team Left Birdcage at Nikki Haley's Hotel Room
After calling her 'Birdbrain' in a Truth Social post
- Former President Trump handed out a new nickname Friday when he dubbed Nikki Haley "Birdbrain"—and he apparently doubled down days later by sending an actual birdcage to her Iowa hotel room. Haley, a fellow GOP presidential candidate, posted a photo of the cage, accompanying bag of bird...
First Trump Co-Defendant
Pleads Guilty in Georgia
Sep 29, 2023 4:16 PM CDT
First Trump Co-Defendant Pleads Guilty in Georgia
Scott Hall agrees to testify in other trials, including Trump's
- The sweeping Georgia election interference case just went from 19 defendants, including Donald Trump, to 18. Scott Hall, a bail bondsman, pleaded guilty on Friday to five misdemeanor counts of conspiracy to commit intentional interference with the performance of election duties, the Hill reports. As part of his plea deal,...
Trump Gives Up on
Moving Georgia Trial
Sep 28, 2023 7:15 PM CDT
Trump Gives Up on Moving Georgia Trial
Judge had been unmoved by Mark Meadows' similar request
- Donald Trump will not seek to have his Georgia election interference case transferred to federal court, his attorneys said in a filing Thursday—three weeks after a judge rejected a similar attempt by the former president's White House chief of staff. The notice filed in federal court in Atlanta...
Sep 28, 2023 5:55 PM CDT
Trump's Comment Sparks Steps by Milley
Outgoing chairman of Joint Chiefs responds to 'death' post by former president
- Retiring Gen. Mark Milley said he has personal security measures in place, and will take other steps, in response to Donald Trump's suggestion that the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff deserves to be executed. In a
interview scheduled to air Sunday, Axios reports, CBS' Norah...
Trump Loses Another Court
Battle in New York
Sep 28, 2023 4:05 PM CDT
Trump Loses Another Court Battle in New York
Appellate panel rejects his request to delay fraud trial
- Donald Trump has suffered another legal setback in New York: A state appeals court on Thursday rejected Trump's effort to delay his fraud trial regarding the value of his properties, reports the
New York Times
. As a result, the civil trial brought by state attorney general Letitia James could...
Biden: Trump's 'Extremist'
MAGA Is a Threat to the US
Sep 28, 2023 2:39 PM CDT
Biden: Trump's 'Extremist' MAGA Is a Threat to the US
Its followers do 'not share the basic beliefs of our democracy,' says the president
- President Biden says "there is something dangerous happening in America" as he revives his warnings that Donald Trump and his allies represent an existential threat to the country's democratic institutions. "There is an extremist movement that does not share the basic beliefs of our democracy—the MAGA...
Preps for a
Sep 28, 2023 10:40 AM CDT
Kari Lake Preps for a New Fight
Republican to announce run for Arizona Senate seat next month, per 'WSJ'
- While still appealing her loss in last year's Arizona gubernatorial race, Kari Lake will mount a new fight—to snag Kyrsten Sinema's Senate seat. The former TV news anchor tells the
Wall Street Journal
that she'll launch her campaign with a rally on Oct. 10, setting up...
During GOP Debate,
UAW Strike in Michigan
Sep 28, 2023 1:00 AM CDT
During GOP Debate, Trump Downplays UAW Strike in Michigan
Former POTUS spoke at a non-unionized auto parts supplier in Michigan
- As his Republican rivals sparred onstage in California at their second primary debate , former President Trump was in battleground Michigan on Wednesday night working to win over blue-collar voters by lambasting President Biden and his push for electric cars in the midst of an autoworkers' strike, the AP reports. "...
Judge Denies Trump,
Won't Recuse Herself
Sep 27, 2023 7:30 PM CDT
Judge Denies Trump, Won't Recuse Herself
Tanya Chutkan calls defendant's portrayal of past comments from the bench 'cynical and suspicious'
- US District Judge Tanya Chutkan turned down former President Trump's request that she recuse herself from presiding over the federal government's election obstruction prosecution of the former president in Washington, making it clear that she disagreed with his legal team's reasoning. The Trump lawyers' interpretation of two...
In GOP Rematch, 'the Sand Is
Going Through the Hourglass'
Sep 27, 2023 6:50 AM CDT
In GOP Rematch, 'the Sand Is Going Through the Hourglass'
Time is running out to gain ground on Trump as 2nd Republican presidential debate takes place
- The way things stood Monday remain how they stand just hours before the Republican presidential debate Wednesday in California, with two notable candidates not expected to take the stage. FOX 26 Houston reports that former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson didn't make the cut, while former President Trump, far and...
Judge Rules Trump
Sep 26, 2023 4:48 PM CDT
Judge Rules Trump Committed Fraud
Key claim in New York AG's ruling resolved before trial in civil lawsuit
- The trial in New York Attorney General Letitia James' civil lawsuit against Donald Trump is due to begin next week, but a key part of it was resolved Tuesday when a state judge ruled that Trump and his company had committed fraud. Judge Arthur Engoron ruled that it was beyond...
on Trump Gun Purchase
Sep 25, 2023 5:40 PM CDT
Campaign Backtracks on Trump Gun Purchase
Social media post said former president picked out a Glock in South Carolina
- Donald Trump apparently was just browsing at a South Carolina gun store on Monday, which works because it's not clear that he's allowed to buy a firearm anyway. A campaign spokesman had tweeted that the former president purchased a Glock firearm while in Summerville for a campaign appearance,...
Will Be Test
for Her, Too
Sep 25, 2023 10:20 AM CDT
GOP Debate Will Be Test for Her, Too
Dana Perino of Fox News is in the spotlight Wednesday night
- The second Republican debate takes place Wednesday night, and the
New York Times
sees it as a challenge not only for the candidates, but as perhaps the "biggest test" yet as a journalist for moderator Dana Perino. Coverage:
Nuts and bolts:
The debate begins at 9pm ET on Fox
As Biden Slips on Issues, Poll
Finds Voters Reassess Trump
Sep 24, 2023 4:45 PM CDT
As Biden Slips on Issues, Poll Finds Voters Reassess Trump
Incumbent's approval rating hits 37%
- There's no single issue President Biden's team has to address to bolster his support among voters, new polling shows: There are a bunch. An ABC News/Washington Post poll found 44% of respondents saying their personal financial situation has worsened during Biden's term, the highest share the poll...
Inside California Dems' Effort
to Boot Trump From Ballot
Sep 19, 2023 10:30 AM CDT
Inside California Dems' Effort to Boot Trump From Ballot
Group asks state attorney general to expedite court ruling on former president's eligibility
- Nine Democrats in California are seeking an expedited court ruling that could bar former President Donald Trump from the March 5 presidential primary ballot, claiming he's ineligible to resume office. The lawmakers—who echo conservative law scholars in arguing Trump may have violated Section 3 of the 14th Amendment,...
Trump Is Also
Sep 19, 2023 12:00 AM CDT
Trump Is Also Skipping the Second Debate
In favor of giving a speech to workers, union members
- Count former President Trump out for the second debate of the 2024 Republican presidential primary season, too. Trump, who gave Tucker Carlson an interview instead of attending the first debate in August, will be in Detroit on September 27, the day of the next debate, multiple advisers tell media outlets...
Sep 18, 2023 4:29 AM CDT
Maren Morris Taking a Break From Country Music
She says she feels 'very distanced' from the genre now
- Maren Morris, who has long been outspoken about LGBTQ+ rights and anti-racism , is taking a "step back" from country music, she says in an interview with the
Los Angeles Times
. "After the Trump years, people's biases were on full display," says the singer, who just released...
Trump Dodges Questions on
His Actions During Capitol Riot
Sep 17, 2023 3:55 PM CDT
Trump Dodges Questions on His Actions During Capitol Riot
Former president tells interviewer he'll consider pardoning Proud Boys leader if elected
- Former President Donald Trump repeatedly declined in an interview aired Sunday to answer questions about whether he watched the Capitol riot unfold on television, saying he would "tell people later at an appropriate time." Trump, the current front-runner for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, refused to say on...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Law Would Jail Parents Whose Children Aren't Vaccinated
Incurable Disease Plaguing Young Stone Cutters
She's Expected to Be a Senator in 2 Days
Costco's Newest Product Keeps Selling Out in Just 'Hours'
Congressman Pulled Fire Alarm Amid Capitol Hill Scramble
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.