Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read recent news stories and current events about McDonald's on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
McDonald's Sued in
Another Hot Coffee Case
Sep 20, 2023 2:43 PM CDT
McDonald's Sued in Another Hot Coffee Case
85-year-old woman says workers ignored her after she suffered severe burns
- An 85-year-old woman in San Francisco has filed the latest hot-coffee lawsuit against McDonald's, saying she suffered "severe burns and emotional distress" after buying coffee at a drive-through in June. Mabel Childress says the lid wasn't properly sealed and the coffee spilled on her when she tried...
on the Way Out
Sep 11, 2023 6:55 PM CDT
Self-Serve Drinks on the Way Out at McDonald's
Customers will have to go to the counter and ask an employee
- McDonald's is taking back the job of pouring soft drinks. The company plans to phase out the self-serve fountain drink stations in its US restaurants by 2032, meaning that customers will no longer be handed an empty cup and allowed to mix and refill their drinks at will at...
'Someone Is Dead Over
a Dispute Over Sauce'
Aug 29, 2023 5:19 PM CDT
'Someone Is Dead Over a Dispute Over Sauce'
Police say 16-year-old girl was stabbed in fight over McDonald's sweet-and-sour sauce
- "At the end of the day, someone is dead over a dispute over sauce," DC Superior Court Judge Sherri Beatty-Arthur said Monday at a hearing for a 16-year-old girl accused of killing another 16-year-old in a fight outside a McDonald's in the early hours of Sunday. Police...
Family Awarded $800K in
Chicken McNugget Burn Suit
Jul 20, 2023 1:41 AM CDT
Family Awarded $800K in Chicken McNugget Burn Suit
McDonald's, franchisee had already been found liable
- A Broward County jury on Wednesday awarded the family of a girl who was burned by a Chicken McNugget from her McDonald's Happy Meal $800,000, CNN reports. That covers pain and suffering, disfigurement, mental anguish, inconvenience, and loss of capacity for enjoyment of life, with half of the...
Investigators Find 10-Year-Olds
Working, Unpaid, at McDonald's
May 3, 2023 6:20 PM CDT
Investigators Find 10-Year-Olds Working, Unpaid, at McDonald's
Labor Department fines three franchisees
- Federal investigators say they found three McDonald's franchisees to be violating child labor laws, infractions that included working two 10-year-olds without pay until 2am. The franchisees, who operate a total of 62 locations in Kentucky, Indiana, Maryland, and Ohio, were employing 305 children working hours beyond the legal limits...
McDonald's Is Making
Some Big McChanges
Apr 18, 2023 1:30 AM CDT
McDonald's Is Making Some Big McChanges
Burgers are getting upgrades, and the Hamburglar is back
- McDonald's hamburgers will soon taste a bit different. The fast food giant is making a number of changes including new buns, "meltier" cheese, more sauce on the Big Mac, and onions added to the patties while they're still on the griddle. The Big Mac, the McDouble, and...
Report: With Layoffs Planned,
McDonald's Shuts Offices
Apr 3, 2023 1:01 PM CDT
Report: With Layoffs Planned, McDonald's Shuts Offices
Company says it wants to ensure 'comfort' during 'notification period'
- McDonald's is believed to be planning a round of corporate layoffs this week, but you won't see dejected former employees leaving the company's offices with their belongings in cardboard boxes. According to the
Wall Street Journal
, the company has temporary closed its US offices during what it...
McDonald’s 'McCrispy' Ad
Lands in Unfortunate Location
Feb 13, 2023 12:44 PM CST
McDonald’s 'McCrispy' Ad Lands in Unfortunate Location
Anywhere near a crematorium is probably not a brilliant idea, guys
- When placing advertisements near funeral homes, mortuaries, zombie meeting halls, or anything to do with the dead or undead, really, one might want to give the message that one is aware of those surroundings. That apparently failed to happen when McDonald's wanted to tout its new McCrispy chicken sandwich...
Uber Eats Delivery Guy
Interrupts College Game
Jan 26, 2023 11:04 AM CST
Uber Eats Delivery Guy Interrupts College Game
Somebody ordered McDonald's at Duquesne's game
- The refs had to briefly stop the Duquesne-Loyola college basketball game Wednesday night for the weirdest of reasons: A wayward Uber Eats delivery person started wandering onto the court, reports the
. Watch the moment here . The unidentified man looked a little lost while carrying a bag of food...
CEO Hit With
Another Big Fine
Jan 10, 2023 9:50 AM CST
Ex-McDonald's CEO Hit With Another Big Fine
SEC finds Steve Easterbrook misled investors over his 2019 firing
- Steve Easterbrook is continuing to pay for his relationships with underlings while serving as CEO of McDonald's. Already forced to return a $105 million severance package so as to settle a lawsuit from his former employer, he's now been fined $400,000 by the Securities and Exchange Commission...
McDonald's Franchise Owners
Violated Child Labor Laws
Dec 7, 2022 3:11 PM CST
McDonald's Franchise Owners Violated Child Labor Laws
14- and 15-year-olds were working too many hours, and too late at night
- That 14- and 15-year-olds were working at McDonald's locations in and around Pittsburgh was fine; the hours they were working weren't. McDonald's franchisee Santonastasso Enterprises, owned by John and Kathleen Santonastasso, has been hit with a $57,332 civil penalty in connection with child labor violations involving...
Teen Being Robbed Calls
911, Talks to Her Mom
Nov 7, 2022 10:10 AM CST
Teen Being Robbed Calls 911, Talks to Her Mom
Teri Clark, a New Orleans dispatcher, handles most harrowing call of her career
- In the annals of memorable 911 calls, this one stands out. When 16-year-old Tenia Hill called police in New Orleans to report a robbery in progress, her own mother answered, reports WDSU . Tenia had been working her part-time job at a McDonald's when an armed robber forced her and...
Her McDonald's Fries
Were Cold. It Allegedly
Sparked a Shooting
Aug 4, 2022 12:55 AM CDT
Her McDonald's Fries Were Cold. It Allegedly Sparked a Shooting
23-year-old New York man is in critical condition
- A 23-year-old McDonald's employee is in critical condition after he was shot in what witnesses say was a dispute stemming from an order of fries. Sources tell CBS2 a female customer approached the victim, Matthew Webb, to complain about the fries being cold, and that the dispute somehow moved...
Is This Goodbye to the
$1 McDonald's Soda?
Jul 4, 2022 8:10 AM CDT
Is This Goodbye to the $1 McDonald's Soda?
Prices are going up at some locations
- Sad news for fans of the seemingly ubiquitous $1 any-size McDonald's beverage: Inflation may be putting an end to it, or at least to its ubiquity. Franchisees tell the
Wall Street Journal
some owners have decided to get rid of the dollar deal even though the fast food company...
Russian McDonald's Are No
More, but Now There's This
Jun 22, 2022 8:40 AM CDT
Russian McDonald's Are No More, but Now There's This
Rebranded restaurants opened to great demand, says new CEO
You can't get a Big Mac in Russia anymore, but you can get a burger at Vkusno & tochka—and plenty of people apparently did on opening day. About 50 of the successor restaurant to McDonald's opened in the Moscow area over June 12 and 13 under...
Starbucks Closing Up Shop
May 23, 2022 11:46 AM CDT
Starbucks Closing Up Shop Throughout Russia
Chain follows lead of McDonald's to permanently exit
- Russians already lost their Big Macs . Now, Starbucks is going, too. The coffee chain said Monday it's following the lead of McDonald's and other Western businesses and will exit Russia after 15 years to protest the invasion of Ukraine, reports NPR . The coffee chain will close its 130...
Man Marks 50 Years
of Eating Big Macs Daily
in case you missed it
May 22, 2022 1:00 PM CDT
Man Marks 50 Years of Eating Big Macs Daily
Wisconsin man Don Gorske has only had 8 Macless days since 1972
- Wisconsin man Don Gorske has marked a milestone in unadventurous eating that may never be equaled. He visited his local McDonald's in Fond du Lac on Tuesday to mark 50 years of eating Big Macs almost every day. "All through life here, a lot of people said, '...
McDonald's Finds Buyer
for Russian Restaurants
May 19, 2022 1:18 PM CDT
McDonald's Finds Buyer for Russian Restaurants
One of its licensees will acquire them, keep them open under a different name
McDonald's has a buyer for all its restaurants in Russia. An existing McDonald's licensee, Alexander Govor, who operates 25 restaurants in Siberia, has agreed to buy the chain's 850 Russian restaurants and operate them under a new name, per the AP . McDonald’s did not disclose...
Lawsuit to McDonald's: Where
Are the Burgers in Your Ads?
May 19, 2022 11:23 AM CDT
Lawsuit to McDonald's: Where Are the Burgers in Your Ads?
Chain, along with Wendy's, is accused of false advertising
- Earlier this year, three law firms accused Burger King of making its burgers look way better in advertisements than they are in reality. Now the trio is going after McDonald's and Wendy's with the same accusation, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. The new lawsuit alleges that Wendy's...
While Replacing TP Holder,
Couple Makes Surprising Find
in case you missed it
May 1, 2022 12:02 PM CDT
While Replacing TP Holder, Couple Makes Surprising Find
'Very well preserved' bag of McDonald's fries was hidden in the wall of their Illinois home
- Opening up a small hole in their bathroom wall to replace a built-in toilet paper holder, Rob and Grace Jones of Crystal Lake, Ill., looked inside and spotted a towel hiding something inside. "We were expecting the worst. We were both like, 'Oh, my gosh, we're going...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
16-Year-Old Arrested After Felling of Iconic Tree
Trump's Comment Sparks Steps by Milley
Dianne Feinstein Is Dead at 90
Woman Has Struggled to Prove She's Not Dead for 16 Years
House Approves Amendment to Make Defense Secretary's Salary $1
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.