Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Is Going On
in case you missed it
Sep 10, 2022 7:15 AM CDT
Anchor's Live Report: 'Something Is Going On With Me'
Turns out KJRH's Julie Chin was suffering 'beginnings of a stroke' on the air
- A news anchor in Oklahoma who stumbled over her words during a live news broadcast last weekend she was suffering the "beginnings of a stroke." KJRH anchor Julie Chin said she "felt great" ahead of the newscast but suddenly experienced symptoms that "seemed to have come...
The Stroke Blindsided Me.
So Did the Aftermath
Jun 5, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
The Stroke Blindsided Me. So Did the Aftermath
D. Michael Whelan writes that those who treated him mostly ignored the emotional impact
- It's totally understandable that D. Michael Whelan didn't realize he was having a stroke. As he writes in a column for NBC News , he was in his 20s, lean, a non-smoker and very light drinker, and free of issues like high blood pressure or high cholesterol. And what...
'I Almost Died'
Jun 4, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Fetterman Concedes Heart Condition: 'I Almost Died'
Doctor: Pa. Dem Senate nominee, who has atrial fibrillation, cardiomyopathy, will be OK if vigilant
- If the recent status of John Fetterman's health has been a "mystery," a little bit more of that mystery has now been clarified. The Democratic nominee for US Senate out of Pennsylvania has been resting up since he suffered a stroke last month, but while his health...
Fetterman Leaves Hospital,
Says He Won't Campaign Yet
May 22, 2022 5:50 PM CDT
Fetterman Leaves Hospital, Says He Won't Campaign Yet
Senate candidate says he'll take time to recover before hitting trail in Pennsylvania race
- Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman was released from a hospital on Sunday, after being treated for a stroke and undergoing surgery to implant a pacemaker. "I could not be happier to finally be heading home to be with my family," he said in a statement, Politico reports. His...
Gets Pacemaker as
He Awaits Results
May 17, 2022 7:20 PM CDT
Front-Runner Gets Pacemaker as He Awaits Results
John Fetterman, seeking Democratic Senate nomination in Pennsylvania, had a stroke days ago
- On the day Pennsylvania Democratic voters going to the polls to decide whether to nominate him for the US Senate, Lt. Gov. John Fetterman had an appointment elsewhere. The front-runner in the primary had a pacemaker with defibrillator installed, Politico reports, days after he suffered a stroke . Fetterman's campaign...
Senate Candidate Has a Stroke
May 15, 2022 3:45 PM CDT
Senate Candidate Has a Stroke
John Fetterman says he's still in Pennsylvania Democratic primary on Tuesday
- Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, the leading Democrat in the state's high-profile Senate contest, has suffered a stroke but is on his way to a "full recovery," his campaign said on Sunday. Fetterman, 52, said in a statement that he wasn't feeling well Friday and went...
Back in Senate
Mar 3, 2022 6:37 PM CST
Democrat Is Back in Senate After Stroke
Absence had threatened to complicate the Supreme Court confirmation vote for his party
: Sen. Ben Ray Lujan received a bipartisan standing ovation when he walked into a committee meeting Thursday. The New Mexico Democrat had been gone a month after suffering a major stroke. Lujan told reporters he's "back to work" and plans to be fully involved in the job;...
Aug 5, 2021 7:05 PM CDT
Stroke Ended the All-Star Career of JR Richard
Astros star later overcame homelessness
- JR Richard, a star starting pitcher for the Houston Astros during the 1970s whose career was ended by a stroke, died Wednesday. He was 71, Click2Houston reports. In a statement, the Astros said Richard "will forever be remembered as an intimidating figure on the mound and as one of...
Sinbad's Family Shares
News of His Health
Nov 16, 2020 3:49 PM CST
Sinbad's Family Shares News of His Health
The 64-year-old has suffered a stroke
- Sinbad's family has confirmed the 64-year-old recently suffered a stroke. The AP quotes the Adkins family as saying they shared the news "out of sincere love" for the comedian-actor, born David Adkins, and that "while he is beginning his road to recovery, we are faithful and optimistic...
Jim Bakker's Wife Reveals Why
He's Taking Break From Show
May 9, 2020 6:30 AM CDT
Jim Bakker's Wife Reveals Why He's Taking Break From Show
Televangelist had a stroke, but is 'okay,' Lori Bakker announced Friday
- More bad news for Jim Bakker, just two months after he was sued for offering a supposed coronavirus cure. On Friday, the 80-year-old televangelist's wife, Lori Bakker, announced he'd had a stroke and would be on hiatus from his Christian program
The Jim Bakker Show
, CNN reports. "...
Odd Virus Symptoms
Crop Up: 'There's No
Ventilator for the Brain'
Apr 3, 2020 11:00 AM CDT
Odd Virus Symptoms Crop Up: 'There's No Ventilator for the Brain'
Seizures, dizziness, and 'altered mental status' observed in some COVID-19 patients
- Chris Cuomo recently described his COVID-19 symptoms, and in addition to the fever, shivering, and body aches typically associated with the coronavirus, the CNN anchor relayed a "freaky" anecdote about hallucinating images of his late father and other people from his past. It's not clear exactly what happened...
'Extraordinary Case' Leads
to Record-Setting Pregnancy
Sep 4, 2019 7:27 AM CDT
'Extraordinary Case' Leads to Record-Setting Pregnancy
Healthy baby girl born in Czech Republic to brain-dead mom who'd suffered stroke 117 days earlier
- For nearly four months, Czech medical staff kept a brain-dead pregnant woman on life support, touching her stomach, moving her legs to simulate walking, and talking to her unborn child. On Aug. 15, the fruit of their efforts was born: a healthy baby girl, weighing 4 pounds, 11 ounces and...
Jul 21, 2019 5:45 PM CDT
Sharon Stone: Hollywood Was 'Brutally Unkind'
And the actor has health advice for women
- Sharon Stone has news about her 2001 stroke: Hollywood was "brutally unkind" as she tried to recover, the
reports. Appearing at a Women's Brain Health Initiative in Los Angeles, she tells
that everyone from "women in my own business to the female judge who handled...
His Neck Was Sore. What He
Did for Relief Caused a Stroke
May 3, 2019 2:09 PM CDT
His Neck Was Sore. What He Did for Relief Caused a Stroke
Oklahoma's Josh Hader suffered major stroke after neck-popping tore arteries
- A sore neck that was nagging an Oklahoma man for weeks prompted him to try some stretching for relief—which led to an accidental popping of it, with unexpected and serious consequences. Josh Hader, 28, pressed down a little too hard on March 14 as he was applying his hand...
John Singleton Is Hospitalized
Apr 20, 2019 5:10 PM CDT
John Singleton Is Hospitalized
The 'Boyz N the Hood' director had a stroke
Boyz N the Hood
director John Singleton suffered a stroke this week and remains hospitalized, according to his family, the AP reports. Additional details, including his condition, were not immediately available. In a statement released Saturday, Singleton's family announced that the 51-year-old filmmaker was in ICU and "under...
Was to Wed
Mar 13, 2019 6:20 PM CDT
Luke Perry Was to Wed August 17
The news comes as Perry's death certificate reveals he's been buried in Tennessee
- Luke Perry has been laid to rest in Tennessee, where the actor had owned a farm since 1995. His death certificate, obtained by
and other outlets, says his body was transported from California to Tennessee and lists a funeral home near Nashville as having handled his burial, though,...
Here's What Can
Cause a Stroke at 52
Mar 6, 2019 10:30 AM CST
Here's What Can Cause a Stroke at 52
The risk factors can be different for middle-aged people, experts say
- If you were left feeling concerned after Luke Perry's death after a stroke at age 52, wondering if you, too, are at risk at such a young age—you're not alone. Articles abound in the wake of his death explaining that strokes can happen at any age. But,...
Great Wild Man'
Mar 2, 2019 6:00 AM CST
Rock's 'First Great Wild Man' Suffers Stroke
It was said to be minor, though, meaning 83-year-old Jerry Lee Lewis may be performing again soon
- Rock 'n' roll's "first great wild" man isn't likely to be tamed by his latest setback. That's per his publicist, who says that Jerry Lee Lewis will likely be performing again soon after a stroke he suffered on Thursday, per NBC News . "Last night,...
'You Got This'
Mar 1, 2019 1:44 PM CST
Celebs Shower Support Onto Luke Perry: 'You Got This'
Messages are pouring in from '90210' and 'Riverdale' co-stars, plus others
fans are still in shock over the news of actor Luke Perry's stroke , which he suffered in his California home on Wednesday morning, and some of his co-stars are sending out their support online. BuzzFeed and
note the big names from both shows who...
Feb 28, 2019 11:09 AM CST
Report: Luke Perry Has Massive Stroke
His rep confirms only that he's 'under observation' at hospital
- Luke Perry, beloved star of the '90s classic
Beverly Hills 90210
as well as the current favorite
, has suffered a "massive stroke," TMZ reports. Details are scarce, but sources say paramedics responded to a call from Perry's Sherman Oaks, Calif., home around 9:40am Wednesday...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
Earth Isn't Ready for What We've Collected on Mars
The World Has a New Island
Radio Station's Move Is Bad News for Favre
For Owners of Some Kias, Hyundais, an Unusual Worry
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.