Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Bill O'Reilly Caught on Video
Berating JetBlue Employee
Apr 20, 2022 10:53 AM CDT
Bill O'Reilly Caught on Video Berating JetBlue Employee
Former Fox News host was reportedly upset about a lengthy flight delay
- Political commentator Bill O'Reilly was caught on video berating an airline employee at JFK airport, reports Insider , and it's been watched some 2.7 million times.
O'Reilly was reportedly peeved because of an hours-long delay for his April 3 flight to Turks and Caicos and wanted a...
Trump: I Got My Booster
Dec 20, 2021 12:21 PM CST
Trump: I Got My Booster
Remark is met with some booing at event with Bill O'Reilly
- Only about one-third of the US population has received a COVID booster shot, notes the
, but one of the recipients has a particularly high profile. Donald Trump said Sunday that he received his third shot, reports
. The reveal came during a public forum with former Fox anchor...
Bill O'Reilly Causes a Stir
With Coronavirus Comments
Apr 9, 2020 2:48 PM CDT
Bill O'Reilly Causes a Stir With Coronavirus Comments
He said many victims 'were on their last legs anyway'
- Bill O'Reilly may not have his prime-show on Fox News anymore, but his recent comments on the coronavirus were still causing a media stir. While appearing Wednesday on the radio show of former Fox colleague Sean Hannity, O'Reilly said he was happy the US appeared to be on...
Tucker Carlson's Job Looks
Safe Amid New Controversy
Aug 9, 2019 10:30 AM CDT
Tucker Carlson's Job Looks Safe Amid New Controversy
Fox host made controversial comments on white supremacy before leaving for vacation
- Fox News' Tucker Carlson is once again in the hot seat over controversial comments, and Carlson is now on vacation until Aug. 19 as critics ramp up calls for an advertiser boycott. The latest flap is Carlson's assertion, in the wake of the El Paso mass shooting , that white...
Fox: Laura Ingraham
Will Be Returning
Apr 3, 2018 5:53 AM CDT
Fox: Laura Ingraham Will Be Returning
O'Reilly blames boycott on 'shadowy radical groups'
- Unlike Bill O'Reilly , Laura Ingraham will be returning to Fox News after her vacation , despite an exodus of advertisers turned off by the controversy surrounding her attack on Parkland school shooting survivor David Hogg . More than a dozen sponsors, including Expedia, Nestle, and Hulu, pledged to pull their ads...
Laura Ingraham Taking Week
Off as Advertisers Leave
Mar 31, 2018 6:59 AM CDT
Laura Ingraham Taking Week Off as Advertisers Leave
Fox host losing advertisers over her comments about student activist David Hogg
- Laura Ingraham told her Fox News viewers Friday that she would be off the air next week on a scheduled vacation. The announcement comes as advertisers continue to abandon her show in the wake of critical comments about student activist David Hogg. On Friday's show, the only "blue-chip"...
Ex-Fox Anchor Sues O'Reilly
Over 'Smear Campaign'
Mar 23, 2018 12:20 AM CDT
Ex-Fox Anchor Sues O'Reilly Over 'Smear Campaign'
Lawsuit accuses former host of defamation
- A former Fox News anchor is suing Bill O'Reilly for defamation. Former anchor Laurie Dhue filed the lawsuit Thursday in Manhattan federal court. It claims O'Reilly engaged in a "smear campaign" against her and other women who accused him of sexual misconduct, the AP reports. The suit...
Women Who Settled
With O'Reilly 'Tired
of Being Smeared'
Dec 20, 2017 6:26 PM CST
Women Who Settled With O'Reilly 'Tired of Being Smeared'
2 former Fox News employees suing O'Reilly for defamation
- Two women who previously settled sexual harassment claims against Bill O'Reilly are now suing the former Fox News host for defamation, the
New York Times
reports. Former Fox News employees Andrea Mackris and Rebecca Gomez Diamond have joined the defamation suit filed against O'Reilly and Fox News earlier...
Settled With Her.
Now She's Suing
Dec 4, 2017 2:44 PM CST
Bill O'Reilly Settled With Her. Now She's Suing
Rachel Witlieb Bernstein claims he, Fox News didn't stick to terms of settlement
- Bill O'Reilly settled with six women over harassment allegations, and one of them says she hasn't said a word—until now. As the
New York Times
explains, these types of settlements typically include iron-clad confidentiality and nondisparagement clauses. Rachel Witlieb Bernstein says it was O'Reilly who didn'...
Oct 24, 2017 6:11 AM CDT
Ex-Fox Host: Bill O'Reilly Remark 'Beyond Inappropriate'
Eric Bolling isn't happy O'Reilly brought up his dead son to make a point about himself
- Bill O'Reilly said earlier this year his firing from Fox News over sexual harassment allegations was "tremendously disheartening," and he really did take it to heart—so much so he's got a beef with God. CNN reports that in Monday's episode of his
Megyn Kelly Gives Biting
Denouncement of Bill O'Reilly
Oct 23, 2017 2:29 PM CDT
Megyn Kelly Gives Biting Denouncement of Bill O'Reilly
She says she complained about him to Fox News' co-presidents
- Meygn Kelly's new morning show initially grabbed headlines for all the wrong reasons , but today it's making waves for her candor about Bill O'Reilly, whose show preceded hers when the two were at Fox News. Kelly's words were sparked by O'Reilly's response to a...
for $32M; Then
Fox Renewed Him
Oct 22, 2017 6:07 AM CDT
O'Reilly Settled Harassment Case for $32M; Then Fox Renewed Him
'NYT' report: parent company knew of monster settlement just months before it fired host
- The parent company of the Fox News says it knew a news analyst planned to file a sexual harassment lawsuit against Bill O'Reilly when it renewed the popular personality's contract in February. The
New York Times
reported Saturday the company renewed O'Reilly's contract after he reached...
Test for the Left: Will Weinstein
Get a Pass After Allegations?
Oct 7, 2017 9:09 AM CDT
Test for the Left: Will Weinstein Get a Pass After Allegations?
Op-ed writer hopes that no hypocrisy will surface
- The sexual harassment allegations against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein are not only disgusting and plentiful, they present a political litmus test of sorts, writes Bari Weiss in the
New York Times
. Specifically, will those on the left largely shrug off the allegations or will Weinstein be subject to the same...
May 19, 2017 9:42 AM CDT
What Killed Roger Ailes, per O'Reilly: 'Hatred'
Former Fox News host pens tribute to his late boss
- To ex-Fox News host Bill O'Reilly, the late Roger Ailes was a "force of nature with an agenda," he writes in a tribute to his former boss in
. O'Reilly explains Ailes' ultimate goal—to "infuse America with traditional philosophy and see to it...
Fox News Scandal
Claims Another Victim
May 1, 2017 2:23 PM CDT
Fox News Scandal Claims Another Victim
Co-president Bill Shine is out
- The turmoil at Fox News Channel has claimed another victim. The network said Monday that Bill Shine, the network's co-president and a longtime lieutenant of ousted Fox News CEO Roger Ailes, is out, the AP reports. Shine's departure follows the firing of top personality Bill O'Reilly and...
O'Reilly Has Big Plans
for New Podcast
Apr 25, 2017 4:41 AM CDT
O'Reilly Has Big Plans for New Podcast
He says he's 'sad' to no longer be on TV
- Bill O'Reilly appears to be planning to make his way back to the top, one podcast at a time. The former Fox News host aired his first podcast Monday night, and he made it clear that he plans to build the short daily show into something strongly resembling
Apr 24, 2017 7:42 AM CDT
Bill O'Reilly Returns With Subscription Podcast
After this week, fans will have to pay $4.95 a month
- Bill O'Reilly is back on the air Monday night, though in a smaller forum. The former Fox host's "No Spin News" podcast airs at 7pm Eastern on his website , reports the
Los Angeles Times
. The podcast is free this week, but fans—President Trump is among them...
Bill O'Reilly Is Getting a
Very Comfortable Parachute
Apr 20, 2017 12:53 PM CDT
Bill O'Reilly Is Getting a Very Comfortable Parachute
He may get $25M from Fox after firing
- Bill O'Reilly may be gone from Fox , but he's got a rich severance package to ease any pangs. Brian Stelter of CNN reports that the network will pay him "tens of millions" under the exit terms of a lucrative contract he had just signed in March. The...
Hosts Have Much
to Say About
Apr 20, 2017 7:05 AM CDT
Late-Night Hosts Have Much to Say About Bill O'Reilly
Stephen Colbert especially, whose cable character was based on the Fox host
- Without Bill O'Reilly, there may not be a Stephen Colbert as we know him, and the late-night host made sure to take note of the Fox host's dismissal . "I spent over nine years playing a character based largely on him," Colbert said, per CNN . "And...
What Bill O'Reilly Had
to Say About His Firing
Apr 20, 2017 6:11 AM CDT
What Bill O'Reilly Had to Say About His Firing
He finds it 'tremendously disheartening'
- Bill O'Reilly's Fox News days are over , and he thinks it's a sad sign of the times. In a statement issued after Fox announced that it was parting ways with the top-rated host amid sexual harassment allegations, O'Reilly said he was proud to have led "...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
Woman Dies After a Fall on Southwest Airlines' Jet Bridge
Dances With Wolves Actor Arrested in Sex Cult Case
Baby Didn't Have Ticket for Flight. His Parents Left Him Behind
Prosecutors: Baldwin Was on His Phone During Gun Training
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.