Some highlights from the Glenn Beck rally, as rounded up by the Times, Post, Politico, and AP:
- Beck: "For too long, this country has wandered in darkness. ... We have had moments of brilliance and moments of darkness. But this country has spent far too long worried about scars and thinking about the scars and concentrating on the scars. Today, we are going to concentrate on the good things in America, the things that we have accomplished—and the things that we can do tomorrow."
- Beck again: “America today begins to turn back to God.”
- Attendance: No official crowd estimates, as per usual. The phase of choice in coverage seems to be "tens of thousands."
- Sarah Palin: ""We must not fundamentally transform America, as some would want. We must restore America and restore her honor. Here today, at the crossroads of our history, may this day be the change point."
- Palin again: "You are Americans! You have the same steel spine and the moral courage of Washington and Lincoln and Martin Luther King. It is in you. It will sustain you as it sustained them."
(Read more Glenn Beck