If you want to avoid driving away all the Twitter followers you've accumulated, you may want to take a look at this list from Katie Heaney on BuzzFeed of 11 things that will really, really annoy them:
- Using your followers as Google: If you want to know what restaurant to visit in a new city, just look it up yourself.
- Tweeting about what you're eating: Absolutely no one cares, unless you're a famous chef. Assuming you're just a normal person, "just put food in your mouth about three times a day, chew it quietly, and swallow. There are no other necessary actions."
- Retweeting praise about yourself: Sure, you can pretend you're just retweeting so you can reply and say thanks, but really this practice is "the single most masturbatory way to receive a compliment."
- Retweeting insults: This is almost as bad as retweeting praise. It's unnecessary, and if you're doing it in order to sic your followers on the insulter, it's also mean.
- Insulting the same celebrities, all the time: Guess what? Paris Hilton really does not care what you think.
Click for the full list
, including one practice that will make your followers wish they could get themselves "sucked into the Bermuda Triangle forever." (Read more Twitter