Teachers rarely accept the excuse “my dog ate it”—but it seems banks are more forgiving. A Florida woman left 10 $100 bills in an envelope at home for her husband to deposit, but when he came home from work, the money was nowhere to be found. There were, however, pieces of the bills on the floor. “I thought somebody broke in originally,” he said. Turns out the culprit was their mixed-breed dog, Tuity, the St. Augustine Record reports.
“She ate the bill, the envelope ... everything,” said Christy Lawrenson. The couple used a little peroxide to get Tuity to vomit up the money, which they then had the pleasant task of piecing together before taking it to the bank. The bank gave them new bills in exchange, but refused one bill because it lacked an important section. Now, the Lawrensons have sent that note to the US Treasury with an explanation, and they’re hoping for a replacement. (Read more dogs stories.)