Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
CEO Sorry for
'All Time Classic Bad'
Jan 31, 2023 10:35 AM CST
CEO Sorry for 'All Time Classic Bad' Layoff Memo
Quoting MLK was 'inappropriate,' admits PagerDuty CEO Jennifer Tejada
- PagerDuty CEO Jennifer Tejada announced she was laying off 7% of the company's workforce seven paragraphs into a 1,700-word email to employees that referred to the firings as "refinements," included news of executive promotions, and concluded with a quote from Martin Luther King Jr. "I...
Rio Tinto: Sorry We Lost
That Radioactive Capsule
Jan 30, 2023 5:54 AM CST
Rio Tinto: Sorry We Lost That Radioactive Capsule
Mining giant says hunt is still on in Western Australia for tiny container with cesium 137
- One of the largest mining companies in the world is now apologizing for losing a teensy capsule filled with a whole lot of danger. "We recognize this is clearly very concerning and are sorry for the alarm it has caused in the Western Australian community," Simon Trott, CEO...
Gaetz Forgives GOP Colleague
for 'Animated Moment'
Jan 9, 2023 7:30 AM CST
Gaetz Forgives GOP Colleague for 'Animated Moment'
Rep. Mike Rogers had to be held back from Florida congressman during House speaker vote
- A "tense moment" during the House speaker vote last week has died down, with the two main players now extending olive branches. The incident involved Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz, who was a holdout against voting in Rep. Kevin McCarthy as speaker, and Alabama Rep. Mike Rogers, an ally who...
Jan 6, 2023 6:33 AM CST
Doctor Harassed After Rogan Promotes Fake Tweet
Podcaster has since apologized for his part over post that spread misinformation on COVID vaccine
- Earlier this year, amid backlash on his conversations about COVID and climate change, Joe Rogan insisted he was "not trying to promote misinformation" on his popular Spotify podcast. This week, however, he found himself apologizing for doing just that, after he promoted a fake tweet that brought harassment upon...
for Experiments on Prisoners
Dec 24, 2022 5:30 AM CST
University Apologizes for Experiments on Prisoners
UCSF conducted the dermatology experiments in the 1960s and '70s
- A prominent California medical school has apologized for conducting dozens of unethical medical experiments on at least 2,600 incarcerated men in the 1960s and 1970s, including putting pesticides and herbicides on the men's skin and injecting it into their veins, per the AP . Two dermatologists at the University...
Faculty Demands University
Leader Resign Over Joke
Dec 19, 2022 9:35 AM CST
Faculty Demands University Leader Resign Over Joke
Thomas L. Keon of Purdue University Northwest accused of insulting Asian Americans
- He has apologized, but the chancellor of Purdue University Northwest may lose his job anyway. The faculty senate of the Indiana school has called on Thomas Keon to resign after he spoke gibberish during a speech and called it his "Asian version" of a made-up language, per the AP...
Fans Rage Against
After Bad Bunny
Dec 12, 2022 11:45 AM CST
Fans Rage Against Ticketmaster After Bad Bunny Concert Fiasco
Ticketholders with real tickets were turned away from Mexico City show due to influx of fake tickets
- Bad Bunny, the Puerto Rican rapper and singer known for such hits as "Moscow Mule" and "I Like It," performed in Mexico City on Friday and Saturday night, the final shows on his World's Hottest Tour across North America and Latin America, and he was filled...
Oct 25, 2022 8:13 AM CDT
James Corden Opens Show With Apology
'Late Late Show' host explained how NYC restaurant banned him over 'rude comment'
- "Have I missed anything? Did I miss any news?" James Corden joked with his studio audience Monday. The
Late Late Show
host was, of course, referring to the hubbub sparked since he was banned, then unbanned from the New York City restaurant Balthazar over his reported treatment of the...
Jul 7, 2022 11:10 AM CDT
Boris Johnson Made One Fatal Error
He apologized, and that rarely plays well in politics, writes Martha Gill
- Boris Johnson has been beset by one scandal after another over the years, so why did the latest one bring his resignation ? At the
New York Times
, Martha Gill writes that Johnson made a big political error this week: He apologized. "It was a mistake, and I apologize...
The City of Orlando's July 4
Message Didn't Land Well
Jul 5, 2022 7:33 AM CDT
The City of Orlando's July 4 Message Didn't Land Well
It's now apologizing for message acknowledging some might not feel like celebrating the holiday
- Orlando's Independence Day message was seemingly an attempt to commiserate with those unhappy and stressed over recent events in the news, but all it did was create a backlash that extended all the way to the Florida governor's office. The city newsletter that went out on Friday acknowledged...
Fund Tells Families It Was
Wrong to Aid Tuskegee Study
Jun 12, 2022 11:00 AM CDT
Fund Tells Families It Was Wrong to Aid Tuskegee Study
Descendant says gesture could serve as an example for others
- For almost 40 years starting in the 1930s, as government researchers purposely let hundreds of Black men die of syphilis in Alabama so they could study the disease, a foundation in New York covered funeral expenses for the deceased. The payments were vital to survivors of the victims in a...
Ukraine Apologizes to Japan
Over Pic of WWII Emperor
Apr 25, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Ukraine Apologizes to Japan Over Pic of WWII Emperor
Video tweeted out by Ukraine government account showed Hirohito's photo next to Hitler, Mussolini
- Ukraine has a brand-new word —"ruscism," roughly translated as "Russian fascism"—to describe what's happening now within its war-torn borders. But its thoughts on defeating fascism went a little awry over the weekend, after a government account tweeted a video that compared Japan's...
After Twice Praising Hitler,
an Apology From Peru's PM
Apr 8, 2022 8:21 AM CDT
After Twice Praising Hitler, an Apology From Peru's PM
Anibal Torres' comment comes amid a political crisis
- Peru's prime minster has apologized for his praise of Adolf Hitler—the latest blow to a government already facing a political crisis over soaring inflation and corruption allegations. Anibal Torres, 79, had been speaking in a cabinet session in the Junín capital of Huancayo, the site of ongoing...
Mar 29, 2022 7:22 AM CDT
Neb. Lawmaker Apologizes for Believing 'Ugly Rumor'
State Sen. Bruce Bostelman believed claim schools were putting out litter boxes for 'furry' students
- School custodians probably wouldn't want to add "empty litter boxes" to their daily to-do list, and luckily they don't have to—because students using litter boxes in school is not an actual thing. One Nebraska lawmaker is finally acknowledging that, and offering a public apology, after spreading...
on Rosie O'Donnell
My Name' First
Feb 24, 2022 10:05 AM CST
Priyanka Chopra on Rosie O'Donnell Apology: 'Google My Name' First
Ex-'View' star thought Chopra was Deepak Chopra's daughter; her mea culpa missed the mark
- There are plenty of resources online on how to craft a good apology, but Rosie O'Donnell apparently winged it for her latest mea culpa. Page Six reports on a recent encounter that took place between the former
co-host, singer Nick Jonas, and Jonas' wife, actress and singer Priyanka...
All the Moms
of His Kids
Feb 5, 2022 11:30 AM CST
Nick Cannon Apologizes to All the Moms of His Kids
Talk show host criticized for how he announced his upcoming 8th child, 2 months after death of son
- With five mothers of his children out there, talk show host Nick Cannon is probably used to some level of relationship drama—but he's drawing special ire for the way in which he announced his current partner's pregnancy on his show on Monday,
reports. Cannon and model...
Feb 5, 2022 10:00 AM CST
Susan Sarandon Apologizes for 'Insensitive' Post
Actress had shared a meme comparing police officers attending an NYPD funeral to 'fascism'
Susan Sarandon is now apologizing for sharing a social media post that compared police officers attending the funeral of a fallen NYPD colleague to "fascism."
reports that on Friday, the 75-year-old actress posted a statement on her Instagram story and on Twitter , where she offered a...
Jan 31, 2022 3:07 PM CST
Potential Trouble for Johnson: 300 Photos
British prime minister under fire after scathing report on Downing Street parties
(This file has been updated throughout with new details.)
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson apologized Monday after an inquiry concluded that Downing Street parties while Britain was in lockdown represented a “serious failure” of judgment. But Johnson brushed off calls to quit over the “partygate” scandal, promising...
It's a 'You Won a Scholarship'
Gaffe, Take II
Jan 31, 2022 12:45 PM CST
It's a 'You Won a Scholarship' Gaffe, Take II
Another Michigan university sends out errant notice to thousands of students
Last week, we reported on a university in Michigan that errantly informed incoming students they had won a full-ride scholarship. Now comes news of a different university in Michigan that did much the same thing. Oakland University mistakenly notified 5,500 students they had won the Platinum Presidential Scholar...
Chef Dumped by
Lands at CNN+
Jan 7, 2022 8:20 AM CST
Chef Dumped by
Lands at CNN+
Foodie Alison Roman will host 'highly opinionated' cooking program
Alison Roman is out of the "Twitter doghouse." That's how Jezebel paints the "nearly canceled" chef and cookbook author, who in 2020 slammed Chrissy Teigen and Marie Kondo, spurring calls of racism. She eventually parted ways with her employer, the
New York Times
. Now the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
China Responds to Balloon Hit, but Its Options Are Limited
Missing Missouri Children Found in Florida Supermarket
Hashtag 'Died Suddenly' Is Up 740% in 2 Months
Watch Fighter Jet Take Down China's Balloon
Women Are Suffering Unnecessarily From Menopause
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.