Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
New York Fans
Jan 30, 2023 10:35 AM CST
New York Fans Slam Landmark's 'Traitorous' Green Lights
Empire State Building was lit for Philly Eagles' NFC championship win; Giants, Jets fans were miffed
- The Empire State Building is known to take on different colors to celebrate or commemorate special occasions, and on Sunday night, New York City's most famous landmark was "aglow in Eagles' green," per CBS Philly . That's because the Philadelphia Eagles creamed the San Francisco 49ers 31-7...
For 2nd Straight Year,
49ers Are a Win Away
From Super Bowl
Jan 23, 2023 12:01 AM CST
For 2nd Straight Year, 49ers Are a Win Away From Super Bowl
They'll play Philadelphia Eagles in NFC championship game Sunday
- Christian McCaffrey scored on a go-ahead 2-yard run in the fourth quarter and San Francisco's defense did the rest, sending the 49ers to their second straight NFC title game with a 19-12 victory over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, the AP reports. The 49ers (15-4) used back-to-back long scoring...
Eagles Put Out a Xmas Album.
No, the Other Eagles
Dec 15, 2022 4:10 PM CST
Eagles Put Out a Xmas Album. No, the Other Eagles
Philadelphia players' record is a hot seller
- The burly, bearded men belting out holiday classics have an usual day job: playing football for the Philadelphia Eagles, perhaps the NFL's most dominant team this season. Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, and Jordan Mailata—with a little assist from some melodic teammates—have put out a Christmas album,
As Eagles QB Headed Off
the Field, Unexpected Chaos
Jan 3, 2022 12:18 PM CST
As Eagles QB Headed Off the Field, Unexpected Chaos
Fans fall after railing gives way at FedExField, but no one is seriously hurt
- The Eagles fans have landed, quite literally. More specifically, a railing collapsed and they spilled onto the ground after their team won against the Washington Football Team at Maryland's FedExField on Sunday. The incident occurred just as Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts was heading off the field, reports the
Watching Football With
Mannings a Hit for ESPN
Sep 28, 2021 5:03 PM CDT
Watching Football With Mannings a Hit for ESPN
Super Bowl champ brothers drew almost 2M viewers
- Some football fans need complete silence to enjoy the game. But for the people who think spending Sunday on the couch with friends and family hollering at the TV is perfect, the Manning brothers on ESPN2 was a delight. Peyton and Eli Manning, both two-time Super Bowl champions, watched the...
How Tough Are Philly Fans?
Fake Crowd Noise Is a Sign
Sep 21, 2020 12:10 PM CDT
How Tough Are Philly Fans? Fake Crowd Noise Is a Sign
When QB Carson Wentz threw interceptions, he exited field to boos on TV audio
- When Philadelphia Eagles QB Carson Wentz threw two interceptions on Sunday, TV viewers heard a chorus of boos rain down from the hometown fans as he walked to the sidelines both times. That part isn't unusual because Philly fans are notoriously tough, even on their own players. The weird...
Eagles Star Sorry for
Anti-Semitic 'Hitler Quote'
Jul 7, 2020 2:21 PM CDT
Eagles Star Sorry for Anti-Semitic 'Hitler Quote'
'I really didn’t realize what this passage was saying,' DeSean Jackson says
- Eagles star DeSean Jackson has apologized for sharing a deeply anti-Semitic quote that he thought was from Adolf Hitler. In an Instagram post Monday, the wide receiver posted a photo of highlighted text "detailing a conspiracy theory about a Jewish plot to oppress African Americans," as NBC News...
The Mad Eagles Fan Who Went
Viral? He's a Penn Dean
Sep 23, 2019 2:08 PM CDT
The Mad Eagles Fan Who Went Viral? He's a Penn Dean
Eric Furda was shown on TV yelling in anger during Sunday's game
- Philadelphia sports fans are known to be pretty ruthless at times, and an angry Eagles fan shown on screen for a few seconds during Sunday's broadcast of the Birds' loss to the Detroit Lions was certainly no exception—and after the clip went viral, some were surprised to find...
Amid Trump Drama, Fox News
Apologizes Over Eagles Photos
Jun 5, 2018 5:48 PM CDT
Amid Trump Drama, Fox News Apologizes Over Eagles Photos
Fox showed 'unrelated' pictures of Eagles kneeling; players were praying
- During a segment Monday night about President Trump canceling the Philadelphia Eagles' appearance at the White House that had been planned for Tuesday, Fox News showed images of the football team's players kneeling in the background of Shannon Bream's narration. Bream noted that Trump said the cancellation was...
Trump: Super Bowl Champs
Disinvited to White House
Jun 5, 2018 6:34 AM CDT
Trump: Super Bowl Champs Disinvited to White House
He calls off Eagles visit, cites anthem issue after fewer than 10 players agree to come
- This year's Super Bowl champs will not be visiting the White House as planned on Tuesday—and President Trump says it is because of the NFL national anthem controversy. "The Philadelphia Eagles Football Team was invited to the White House," Trump tweeted on Monday. "Unfortunately, only...
Summer Tweet on Eagles
Will Be Pricey for Bud Light
Feb 5, 2018 5:04 PM CST
Summer Tweet on Eagles Will Be Pricey for Bud Light
Company will give every adult at city's parade a free beer
- Every adult who attends Philadelphia's parade for the Super Bowl champ Eagles can crack open a Bud Light if they'd like. The company will honor a pledge it made over the summer to that effect, when the odds of a Philly championship were long indeed, reports ESPN . It...
Philly Goes Wild After
First Super Bowl Win
Feb 5, 2018 1:42 AM CST
Philly Goes Wild After First Super Bowl Win
'I was hoping they would do it before I died, and they did it'
- The rain and hail that pelted Philadelphia for much of the day dissipated just as people across the city spilled out of sports bars, apartments, and houses. They all had one destination: Broad Street. It was time for a celebration 58 years in the making. On Sunday night, just as...
The Underdogs Do It:
Eagles Defeat Patriots
Feb 4, 2018 9:18 PM CST
The Underdogs Do It: Eagles Defeat Patriots
Philadelphia holds off Patriots 41-33
- The underdog Philadelphia Eagles defeated the New England Patriots Sunday to win Super Bowl LII in a wildly entertaining game. This time, there were no last-minute heroics for Tom Brady, who nonetheless threw for more than 400 yards. With his team trailing 38-33 with a little more than 2 minutes...
Watch One of the Craziest
Super Bowl Touchdowns
Feb 4, 2018 8:34 PM CST
Watch One of the Craziest Super Bowl Touchdowns
Quarterback Nick Foles catches a TD pass
- The Eagles went into the half with a 22-12 Super Bowl lead thanks to a brave play call. Quarterback Nick Foles caught a 1-yard touchdown pass from tight end Trey Burton on fourth down late in the second quarter. Watch it here . The odd TD came after Tom Brady dropped...
Coldest Super Bowl
Ever? Getting Ready
for the Big Game
Feb 4, 2018 1:23 PM CST
Coldest Super Bowl Ever? Getting Ready for the Big Game
Halftime rumors addressed on Prince and Janet Jackson
- As fans are warming up for the Super Bowl LII matchup between the New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles, weather pundits are warning those watching the game in person to get literally warmed up, as it's looking to possibly be the coldest Super Bowl in history, per
Dad Posts Viral Video of His
Favorite Groggy Eagles Fan
Feb 2, 2018 12:00 PM CST
Dad Posts Viral Video of His Favorite Groggy Eagles Fan
Team is 'like my sisters,' says daughter Haley Parks as she's coming out of anesthesia
- Two million views and counting. Thanks, Dad. When a die-hard Philadelphia Eagles fan woke up groggy from recent dental surgery, she had one big fear: "Did I miss the Super Bowl?!?" Haley Parks' father posted a video on Facebook this week showing her coming out of anesthesia after...
'Oh Boy, Oh Boy,
Oh Boy!' Bus
Driver Gets Best
Feb 1, 2018 6:05 PM CST
'Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!' Bus Driver Gets Best Surprise Ever
NJ community raises money to send Eagles fan Gary Kelmer to the Super Bowl in Minneapolis
- When you get an amazing school bus driver, you treat him or her like gold—or, in the case of a New Jersey community, you buy him tickets to watch his favorite team play in Super Bowl LII. The AP reports on the obsession Gary Kelmer has for the Philadelphia...
'Crisco Cops' Grease Light
Poles Ahead of NFL Game
Jan 21, 2018 10:20 AM CST
'Crisco Cops' Grease Light Poles Ahead of NFL Game
Philadelphia city workers are on the case
- Football fans who react to big playoff games by climbing light poles should probably stay away from Philadelphia today. That's because a crew of city workers calling themselves the "Crisco Cops" spent the morning slathering poles throughout the city in grease to prevent fans from climbing them after...
Builders Race to Save NFL's
Eagles From Billy Penn Jinx
Dec 2, 2017 6:25 PM CST
Builders Race to Save NFL's Eagles From Billy Penn Jinx
If Eagles are to stay in 1st place, Philadelphia's founder must be appeased
- Superstitious construction workers have placed a small statue of Philadelphia's founder atop the city's newest skyscraper in an effort to save the NFL-leading Philadelphia Eagles from a fabled jinx, the AP reports. According to Philly.com, the William Penn figurine was affixed to the Comcast tower's highest...
Philadelphia Eagles Fan Gets
Last Laugh With Obituary
Aug 24, 2017 2:40 PM CDT
Philadelphia Eagles Fan Gets Last Laugh With Obituary
Asks for 8 members of team to carry casket to 'let him down one last time'
- A New Jersey man took a parting shot at the Philadelphia Eagles in his obituary, the AP reports. Jeffrey Riegel, 56, died last Friday. Before his death, the Port Republic man promised friends a funny message in his obituary. The longtime Eagles fan's obituary asked for Riegel "to...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
Dances With Wolves Actor Arrested in Sex Cult Case
Woman Dies After a Fall on Southwest Airlines' Jet Bridge
Prosecutors: Baldwin Was on His Phone During Gun Training
Missing Monkeys Found in Abandoned Home
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.