Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Dollar Tree 'Help Wanted' Sign
Does Not Go Over Well
in case you missed it
Apr 30, 2022 9:30 AM CDT
Dollar Tree 'Help Wanted' Sign Does Not Go Over Well
Manager out of a job after saying Gen Z'ers need not apply
- A Dollar Tree manager whose "help wanted" sign went viral for the wrong reasons is now out of a job. The story is out of Bremen, Indiana, where WNDU reports that an apparently peeved manager posted the following message on his store's front door: "I apologize for...
at Family Dollar Site
Lead to Closures, Recall
Feb 22, 2022 7:26 AM CST
'Unacceptable' Visitors at Family Dollar Site Lead to Closures, Recall
Rat infestation at Ark. distribution center forces 400-plus stores to close in South, product recall
- Bad news if you're a regular at Family Dollar and you're in the South: Chances are, a location near you may be shuttered temporarily after a rat infestation at an Arkansas distribution warehouse. The
reports that 404 stores in six states—Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri,...
Dollar Tree Announces
First Price Hike in 35 Years
Nov 23, 2021 3:13 PM CST
Dollar Tree Announces First Price Hike in 35 Years
Chain says new price point is $1.25
- Dollar Tree has confirmed that its pricing is changing from "everything for $1" to "most things for $1.25." The company says the price hike is permanent and not a reaction to "short-term or transitory market conditions," MarketWatch reports, though analysts say inflation has clearly...
Dollar Tree to
'Break the Buck'
Sep 29, 2021 3:14 PM CDT
Inflation Forces Dollar Tree to 'Break the Buck'
Some items will now be $1.25 or $1.50
- While the company isn't planning to change its name to "$1.50 Tree," Dollar Tree has heeded calls from investors to "break the buck" and raise prices for some items. Since its founding in 1986, when $1 was the equivalent of around $2.50 today, the...
As More Chains Require Masks,
2 Exceptions Make Headlines
Jul 20, 2020 4:53 PM CDT
As More Chains Require Masks, 2 Exceptions Make Headlines
Dollar Tree, Winn-Dixie won't mandate that customers wear them
- On Friday, budget grocery store Aldi announced masks would be required to enter its stores as of July 27. Two other budget shops are moving in the other direction.
reports Dollar Tree and Family Dollar—which both fall under the Dollar Tree, Inc., umbrella—have reversed course on...
Opens Bidding War
Aug 18, 2014 6:21 AM CDT
Dollar General Opens Bidding War
Makes $9.7B offer for Family Dollar, topping Dollar Tree's $8.5B bid
- There's now a bidding war for Family Dollar, with Dollar General today offering about $9.7 billion for the discounter in an effort to trump Dollar Tree's $8.5 billion bid last month. Dollar General Corp. said today that it would pay $78.50 per share in cash,...
to Buy Family
Dollar for $8.5B
Jul 28, 2014 6:43 AM CDT
Dollar Tree to Buy Family Dollar for $8.5B
Combined chain will have triple the stores of Walmart
- Dollar Tree is buying rival discount store Family Dollar in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $8.5 billion. Dollar Tree CEO Bob Sasser says the deal will give Dollar Tree more than 13,000 stores in the US and Canada. That is nearly three times as many stores as...
Popular on Newser
Police Link 2 More Shootings to Possible California Serial Killer
Suspiciously Heavy Fish Lead to Chaos at Tournament
High School Football Team Cancels Entire Season After 'Slave Auction'
Susan Collins: 'I Wouldn't Be Surprised' if a Lawmaker Is Killed
After Late-Night Fatal Crash, an iPhone Calls for Help
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.