Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
ER Doctors Are Sick of Hearing
the Term 'Dry Drowning'
Jul 13, 2017 7:19 PM CDT
ER Doctors Are Sick of Hearing the Term 'Dry Drowning'
They say media reports 'unduly alarm' parents
- There have been many reports lately about so-called "dry drowning," "delayed drowning," or "secondary drowning," like when a boy in Texas died several days after swimming last month. But many experts, including emergency room doctors, the World Health Organization , the Red Cross, and the...
4-Year-Old Who 'Dry Drowned'
Saves Another Boy's Life
Jun 9, 2017 7:36 PM CDT
4-Year-Old Who 'Dry Drowned' Saves Another Boy's Life
2-year-old's parents heard about what happened to Frankie Delgado
- After 4-year-old Frankie Delgado died days after swimming from what doctors suspect was a case of "dry drowning," his parents shared his story in the hopes of warning other parents. It worked: A 2-year-old boy in Houston might have met the same fate, were it not for the...
Claims Young Boy
Jun 8, 2017 2:42 PM CDT
'Dry Drowning' Claims Young Boy
He had played in shallow water days before his death
- On June 3, after several days of symptoms his family thought were related to a stomach bug, 4-year-old Texas boy "Baby Frankie" Delgado awoke suddenly several hours after complaining that his shoulders hurt and said "ahhh," his father recalls. Then, as his father watched in horror, the...
Toddler Almost Drowns ...
Hours After Swimming
Jun 26, 2014 8:26 AM CDT
Toddler Almost Drowns ... Hours After Swimming
Secondary drowning can happen up to 24 hours after exiting pool
- Hours after leaving a hotel pool in Kansas City, Mo., last weekend, 2-year-old Aliycea Sanders began to choke in her sleep, and her parents just happened to be nearby to notice water coming out of her nose and mouth. Because her mom had just seen a news segment on "...
Popular on Newser
US Downs Chinese Balloon Off South Carolina Coast
Now There's a 2nd Balloon, per Pentagon
A Vital Mineral Deposit Could Bring Big Change to Nebraska Village
This Reporter Followed George Santos Around for 16 Hours
Judge Wants Answers After Jan. 6 Defendant Recants Guilt
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.