Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
This Is the No.1
in the US
Jul 11, 2022 11:06 AM CDT
This Is the No.1 Stressed City in the US
Cleveland might have your stomach in knots, per WalletHub's rankings
- If you've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately, you're not alone—especially depending on where you live. WalletHub wanted to see what parts of the country were more frazzled than others, and so the site looked at more than 180 of the most populated US cities, examining more...
Dead at 26
Jun 22, 2022 9:55 AM CDT
Baltimore Ravens' Jaylon Ferguson Dead at 26
He leaves behind 3 children under the age of 5
- Another NFLer is gone too early . Baltimore Ravens linebacker Jaylon Ferguson has died at the age of 26, the team announced Wednesday. "He was a kind, respectful young man with a big smile and infectious personality. We express our heartfelt condolences to Jaylon's family and friends as we...
Baltimore Sues Manufacturer
of Untraceable 'Tools of Death'
Jun 2, 2022 7:55 AM CDT
Baltimore Sues Manufacturer of Untraceable 'Tools of Death'
City alleges Polymer80 'profit[s] from destroying our communities'
- The city of Baltimore has joined Los Angeles and Washington, DC, in suing one of the nation's largest manufacturers of untraceable ghost guns , labeling the weapons without serial numbers a "devastating menace" to residents and Americans at large. Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott announced the lawsuit against Polymer80, Inc....
Bus Rolls Over,
May 22, 2022 11:45 AM CDT
Bus Rolls Over, Injuring 27
15 are taken to hospitals after accident north of Baltimore
- Twenty-seven people suffered minor injuries Sunday after a bus crashed and rolled on I-95 north of Baltimore, according to the Baltimore County Fire Department. The crash occurred near Kingsville, Maryland, shortly before 7am, fire officials said in a statement. The vehicle was operated by megabus and was carrying 47 people....
Baltimore FD Suffers
a Devastating Day
Jan 25, 2022 5:31 AM CST
Baltimore FD Suffers a Devastating Day
3 firefighters killed when vacant home on fire collapsed
- Three Baltimore firefighters were killed and a fourth was injured when part of a vacant home collapsed while they were battling a blaze early Monday, the city's fire chief said. The Baltimore City Fire Department said in a tweet that firefighters were responding to a blaze at the three-story...
Dies After Ambush
in Her Patrol Car
Dec 29, 2021 12:00 AM CST
Baltimore Officer Dies After Ambush in Her Patrol Car
Keona Holley's family made difficult decision to remove her from life support
The Baltimore police officer ambushed in her patrol car Dec. 16 died last week, with her family making the difficult decision to remove life support a week after she was shot, ABC 17 reports. "Baltimore will never forget Officer Holley’s sacrifice and commitment to making a difference...
He Blamed Panhandler for
Killing Wife, but Lie Fell Apart
Dec 9, 2021 12:26 PM CST
He Blamed Panhandler for Killing Wife, but Lie Fell Apart
Keith Smith convicted of murder in Baltimore; daughter helped him concoct fake story
A Maryland man has been convicted of murdering his wife before trying to pin it on a panhandler. Keith Smith, 55, was found guilty Thursday of stabbing Jacquelyn Smith in 2018, reports the
. Smith told police a panhandler killed his wife while trying to steal her purse,...
Here Are the Most
Generous Cities in America
Nov 30, 2021 12:00 PM CST
Here Are the Most Generous Cities in America
Minneapolis and Seattle top LawnStarter's list
- If you're wondering why your socials are suddenly filled with requests for charitable donations, allow us to solve the mystery: It's Giving Tuesday, a day to open up one's wallet for good causes after doing the same in the name of consumerism on Black Friday and Cyber...
Ex-Cop Kidnapped His Young
Daughters. All Ended Up Dead
Nov 19, 2021 6:41 AM CST
Ex-Cop Kidnapped His Young Daughters. All Ended Up Dead
Tragic ending to Maryland case
- A former Baltimore County Police officer allegedly attacked his ex-wife and kidnapped his young daughters Sunday, and as authorities closed in on them, the case came to a tragic end. Robert Vicosa, his alleged accomplice Tia Bynum, and 6- and 7-year-olds Giana and Aaminah Vicosa were found dead Thursday afternoon,...
He Witnessed a Murder,
Then Knowingly Lied on Stand
Oct 31, 2021 1:10 PM CDT
He Witnessed a Murder, Then Knowingly Lied on Stand
'New Yorker' follows up on case of trio who wrongfully spent 36 years behind bars
- The story made headlines a few years ago : Three men were freed from prison after serving 36 years for a Baltimore murder they didn't commit. At the
, Jennifer Gonnerman provides an in-depth look at what happened from a unique perspective—that of one of the young witnesses...
Widow Sues Funeral Home
Over Husband's Other Widow
in case you missed it
Aug 21, 2021 1:45 PM CDT
Widow Sues Funeral Home Over Husband's Other Widow
It's all explained in a strange federal lawsuit against a Baltimore funeral home
report on a strange federal lawsuit begins with a doozy of a first sentence: "Demetra Street didn't know, as she sang at her husband Ivan's Baltimore funeral service in late January, that apparently he already had been buried days earlier and miles away,"...
Police: Woman Drove For Year
With Niece, Nephew in Trunk
Jul 31, 2021 1:07 PM CDT
Police: Woman Drove For Year With Niece, Nephew in Trunk
Baltimore County Police have charged her with abuse leading to their deaths
- Baltimore County police pulled over a woman for a traffic stop, and found the remains of two children in the trunk of the car. When police ran the driver’s tags and learned they were fake, they told her the car would be towed. That’s when the officer smelled...
10 Most, Least
Stressed US Cities
Jul 12, 2021 11:45 AM CDT
10 Most, Least Stressed US Cities
Per WalletHub, Cleveland needs a chill pill, while S. Burlington in Vermont is kicking back just fine
- It's been a tough 16 months, and stress levels have been high—though in some cities across the country, that stress has been tougher to contend with than in others. WalletHub wanted to see which places have been dealing with things best (and which not so much), so it...
76-Year-Old Returned to Prison
After Missing Calls Goes Home
Jul 7, 2021 1:20 PM CDT
76-Year-Old Returned to Prison After Missing Calls Goes Home
Gwen Levi was at a word-processing class with her ringer off at the time
- A 76-year-old grandmother sent back to prison after attending a computer class is back to living life with a small amount of freedom. US District Judge Deborah C. Chasanow granted Gwen Levi a request for compassionate release Tuesday, saying "it would do little" to force the Baltimore resident to...
Court Rips Baltimore's
Jun 24, 2021 6:40 PM CDT
Court Rips Baltimore's Aerial Surveillance
Program violated the Fourth Amendment, opinion says
- A federal court ruled Thursday that Baltimore's crime-fighting surveillance flights were unconstitutional and that police can't use any of the information gathered by the planes. The judges said the program violated the Fourth Amendment safeguard against illegal searches, the Verge reports. The planes' cameras were intended to record...
Horniest US City Has
Appropriately Hedonistic Name
Jun 2, 2021 2:52 PM CDT
Horniest US City Has Appropriately Hedonistic Name
While Texas cities suffer from a lethargic libido
- It looks like Nevada's Paradise is aptly named, at least for those who are yearning for physical human contact after a long year of lockdowns. The city sits at the top of LawnStarter's list of America's "horniest" cities, published in advance of National Sex Day on...
15M Ruined Vaccines at
Plant Leads to J&J Takeover
Apr 5, 2021 6:44 AM CDT
15M Ruined Vaccines at Plant Leads to J&J Takeover
Johnson & Johnson will now oversee production at Baltimore facility that was making its doses
- An Emergent BioSolutions plant in Baltimore that had been tasked with churning out Johnson & Johnson vaccines has now earned the dubious honor of a takeover at the facility after about 15 million doses were ruined . Per CBS Baltimore , J&J announced Saturday it would be assuming "full responsibility"...
2 Vaccines Collided
at Plant Flagged by FDA
Apr 2, 2021 8:23 AM CDT
2 Vaccines Collided at Plant Flagged by FDA
15M doses of Johnson & Johnson's vaccine were ruined as a result
- The plant that lost up to 15 million doses of Johnson & Johnson's one-dose vaccine had something of a history of prior FDA violations. That's according to the AP and
, which obtained a copy of the FDA investigator's report from a year ago. It found...
2 Rescued From
Dec 23, 2020 1:25 PM CST
2 Rescued From Scaffolding After Explosion
Explosion injures more than 20 in Baltimore office building
- Two workers were pulled in through windows after an explosion at a high-rise office building in Baltimore on Wednesday left their scaffolding dangling 10 floors above the street. The explosion sparked a fire and a partial collapse of the building's roof, the
reports. The fire department said 21...
No One Was There—But
This Filly Scored a Big Win
Oct 3, 2020 5:00 PM CDT
No One Was There—But This Filly Scored a Big Win
Swiss Skydiver wins the 145th Preakness Stakes in an upset over Authentic
- Those hanging around the heavily restricted stakes barn at Pimlico Race Course this week joked around that Authentic would stare down filly Swiss Skydiver whenever she walked past, the AP reports. "He got a good look at her today," jockey Robby Albarado said. Swiss Skydiver added one final...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Agent on Rushdie: 'The News Is Not Good'
They Were Enjoying Happy Hour. Then, 'Pure Panic'
Sinema Received $1M Haul, Then Killed Tax Hike on Rich Investors
Tons of Dead Fish in River: 'Most Likely Dealing With a Crime'
FBI List Shows Top Secret Files Were Recovered at Mar-a-Lago
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.