Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Carnival Cruise Lines
Stories 1 - 20 |
Cruise Ship Returns
Minus a Passenger
Sep 6, 2023 11:00 AM CDT
Cruise Ship Returns Minus a Passenger
Kevin McGrath last seen around 2am Monday aboard Carnival Conquest, bound for Miami
- A 26-year-old man has been reported missing after his Carnival cruise ship returned to Florida, apparently without him. Kevin McGrath left Miami aboard Carnival Conquest on Friday for a Labor Day weekend cruise to Bimini, in the Bahamas. However, McGrath wasn't accounted for when the ship returned to Miami...
Ran Into Anything But
May 30, 2023 11:20 AM CDT
Carnival's Sunshine Ran Into Anything But
Cruise ship on its way back to Charleston, SC, was battered by high seas
- If you've ever taken a cruise and enjoyed buffets, deck-top pools, night-time entertainment, quaint ports-of-call, and sunshine, well, don't talk to the passengers aboard the Carnival Sunshine who were returning from the Bahamas to Charleston, South Carolina, this weekend. The ship, which can carry upward of 4,000...
Cruise Survivor Can't
Say How He Fell
Into the Gulf
Dec 2, 2022 5:10 PM CST
Cruise Survivor Can't Say How He Fell Into the Gulf
Survivor kept treading water because he didn't accept it was the end of the line
- James Michael Grimes remembers having drinks at a bar on the Carnival Valor with his sister the night before Thanksgiving. The next thing he knew, he was treading water in the Gulf of Mexico after regaining consciousness, with no memory of how he got there, CNN reports. "I came...
Cruise Passenger Found in
Gulf Was Seconds From Death
Nov 30, 2022 9:36 AM CST
Cruise Passenger Found in Gulf Was Seconds From Death
'The survivor had about 30 seconds to a minute left'
- One of the US Coast Guard officers who helped rescue the Carnival cruise ship passenger who went overboard last Wednesday night says the 28-year-old was moments from death when he was pulled from the water. Richard Hoefle tells CBS News he estimates "the survivor had about 30 seconds to...
Carnival Cruise Ship Brawl
Ends in Coast Guard Escort
Jun 29, 2022 9:50 AM CDT
Carnival Cruise Ship Brawl Ends in Coast Guard Escort
Up to 60 people were reportedly fighting on ship's dance floor
- Up to 60 people were involved in a brawl on a Carnival cruise ship, which ultimately required a Coast Guard escort back to New York on Tuesday. The fight erupted on a dance floor on the Carnival Magic around 5:20am Tuesday just before the ship was scheduled to wrap...
Cruise Ship Passenger Goes
Overboard Near Florida
Apr 17, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
Cruise Ship Passenger Goes Overboard Near Florida
43-year-old man still missing, and Carnival says he jumped
- A passenger on a Carnival Cruise Lines ship is feared dead after going overboard near Florida. The Coast Guard has been searching for the 43-year-old man, who the cruise line says jumped from the ship, since about 12:30am Saturday, reports
. The passenger on Carnival's Mardi Gras...
Third Florida-Based Cruise
Sees COVID Outbreak
Dec 26, 2021 7:00 AM CST
Third Florida-Based Cruise Sees COVID Outbreak
Carnival Freedom denied entry to Aruba and Bonaire
- For the third time in recent days, a COVID outbreak has been reported on a cruise ship that set sail from Florida, where health officials have reported the highest cases in a single day since the start of the pandemic in 2020. Per CNN , the Carnival Freedom was denied entry...
Woman Falls From Carnival
Cruise Ship Into Pacific
Dec 12, 2021 3:45 PM CST
Woman Falls From Carnival Cruise Ship Into Pacific
Officials say the woman in her 20s fell from her balcony
- The U.S. Coast Guard has stopped looking for a woman who reportedly fell from a cruise ship into the Pacific Ocean near Ensenada, Mexico. Authorities searched for 31 hours, but decided Sunday morning to pause the operation until they have additional information, Petty Officer First Class Adam Stanton told...
Woman Tests Positive
for COVID on Cruise,
Dies Days Later
Aug 24, 2021 1:06 AM CDT
Woman Tests Positive for COVID on Cruise, Dies Days Later
Carnival says the 77-year-old 'almost certainly' didn't get COVID on the ship
- Marilyn Tackett was excited to go on her first trip outside the US when she boarded the Carnival Vista cruise ship before it disembarked from Texas on July 31, according to a GoFundMe set up for the 77-year-old Oklahoma woman's family. She went on an excursion with her family...
Carnival Cruise Reports
COVID Cases on Ship
Aug 5, 2021 2:10 PM CDT
Carnival Cruise Reports COVID Cases on Ship
Line is tightening its policies as a result
- The COVID pandemic closed down the cruise industry for months. Carnival says the shutdown cost them billions . When the cruise line started sailing again this summer , things were smooth for a while. But some positive coronavirus tests are changing things, and the mask policy is changing on Saturday. A ship...
Most US Cruises
Oct 1, 2020 3:10 PM CDT
Carnival Cancels Most US Cruises for 2020
CDC has reports of 3,600 coronavirus cases on US cruises
- Carnival Cruise Line is canceling most US sailings through the end of this year, the latest sign that the cruise industry's recovery from the coronavirus pandemic could still be many months away. The company said Thursday it is canceling sailings from all ports except its home ports of Miami...
For Sale: Used Boats,
Lots of Seating Room
Jun 18, 2020 4:05 PM CDT
For Sale: Used Boats, Lots of Seating Room
Carnival is getting rid of 6 ships amid the pandemic
- Need a boat? Six used ones will be coming on the market soon in case you and a few thousand of your closest friends were looking to chip in. The
reports that Carnival Cruise Lines is selling six ships as it recovers from the coronavirus shutdown. The ships typically...
Brave Enough for a Cruise?
Carnival Has You Covered
May 4, 2020 4:20 PM CDT
Brave Enough for a Cruise? Carnival Has You Covered
Some cruises will depart from Texas and Florida in August, regulations permitting
- If you're bold enough to want to take a cruise this summer, you may be able to via Carnival Cruise Line. NBC News reports that on Monday the company announced that select North American cruises would go back online beginning Aug. 1, with eight ships leaving ports in Miami...
He Was Her
Dec 20, 2019 7:17 AM CST
He Was Her 'Longtime Love' —and Cruise Ship Killer
Eric Newman of Kansas admits to 2018 murder aboard Carnival Elation
- A Kansas man has admitted to killing his girlfriend on a cruise to the Bahamas. Eric Newman of Topeka pleaded guilty Thursday to second-degree murder in the death of 50-year-old Tamara Tucker of Missouri, with whom he'd set out on a four-day cruise in 2018, per the AP . Carnival...
Cruise Line Passenger
Plummets to His Death
Nov 19, 2019 1:08 PM CST
Cruise Line Passenger Plummets to His Death
Brian Rice died of blunt force trauma, authorities say
- Four stories is a long fall—and sadly, Brian Rice didn't survive it. The Carnival Cruise Line passenger died of blunt force trauma Friday after plummeting from the ninth deck to the fifth as the vessel returned to Miami,
reports. Medical staff on Carnival Horizon rushed to his...
First, a Name
Repeated on the
Oct 25, 2019 11:10 AM CDT
First, a Name Repeated on the Intercom. Then: 'Man Overboard'
Coast Guard searching for 26-year-old who apparently jumped off Carnival Dream near Texas
- Off the coast of Texas, a search is underway for a man who looks to have jumped off the balcony outside his room on a Carnival cruise. NBC News reports the US Coast Guard received a call shortly before 9pm Thursday that a Carnival Dream passenger, an unidentified 26-year-old man,...
Carnival Fantasy Gets Its
Worst-Ever Sanitation Grade
Aug 14, 2019 9:00 AM CDT
Carnival Fantasy Gets Its Worst-Ever Sanitation Grade
Inspectors found flies, showers spewing brown water
- There's more flies than fantasy aboard Carnival Fantasy, according to the cruise ship's failing grade during a surprise inspection last month. CDC inspectors found "not less than 15 small flies" on bagels and bread at breakfast; knives "stored in warm, soiled water"; dirty cups and bowls...
Then Tried to
'Drown Its Deceit'
Jun 5, 2019 11:22 AM CDT
DOJ: Carnival Re-Polluted, Then Tried to 'Drown Its Deceit'
Cruise company ordered to pay $20M on top of previous $40M for pollution violations, cover-up
- Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice—still shame on you, and you're going to pay big for it. That's essentially the Justice Department's message to Carnival Corporation, which just got busted, again, for its ships polluting the waters they sail in, and for trying...
by What They Found
in Room During Cruise
in case you missed it
Nov 3, 2018 12:32 PM CDT
Couple 'Flabbergasted' by What They Found in Room During Cruise
Chris and Dana White say they discovered hidden camera on Carnival's Fantasy
- They set sail aboard the Carnival Fantasy, but a Florida couple's experience aboard the cruise ship was less fantasy, more creepy nightmare. While some couples find towels adorably folded into the shapes of animals in their cabins, Chris and Dana White say they instead stumbled upon a hidden camera...
Booted After Cruise
Turns to 'Bloodbath'
Feb 16, 2018 10:37 AM CST
Rowdy Family Booted After Cruise Turns to 'Bloodbath'
Passengers say several fights preceded unexpected stop Friday
- "Bloodbath" is not a word you'd typically associate with a 10-day cruise around the South Pacific. But it's being thrown around now in the wake of what Carnival says were "violent and disruptive acts" committed on its cruise ship Legend. Passengers say a brawl that erupted...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Celebs' Jilted Exes Are Now Dating Each Other
Trump Sets in Motion Fight That May Go to Supreme Court
Elon Musk Lashes Out at Disney CEO Bob Iger
Deputy Killed in Police Chase of Senator's Son
New Army Sniper Is a First
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.