Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Two Buck Chuck
Two Buck Chuck Dies
Sep 14, 2022 6:21 AM CDT
Founder of Two Buck Chuck Dies
'At the end, we all have an expiration date,' said Fred Franzia, who died at 79
- The man who turned "Two Buck Chuck" into an American phenomenon is dead. Fred Franzia, co-founder of Bronco Wine Company, died early Tuesday at his home in California with family by his side, according to a letter sent to Bronco employees, per
. A cause of death wasn'...
Trader Joe's Wine Is Less Than
$3 a Bottle for a Reason
May 14, 2017 3:34 PM CDT
Trader Joe's Wine Is Less Than $3 a Bottle for a Reason
Lower quality grapes and mass production help
- When Charles Shaw wines first debuted at Trader Joe's in 2002, they lived up to the name "Two Buck Chuck," costing just $1.99 a bottle. And yes, plenty of critics call the wine undrinkable and worse, even accusing parent company Bronco Wine of not removing such...
He Wants to Be the
'Two Buck Chuck' of Pot
Jul 24, 2010 3:30 PM CDT
He Wants to Be the 'Two Buck Chuck' of Pot
Entrepreneur wants to transform marijuana growing
- Jeff Wilcox is set to become pot's first great entrepreneur. The California businessman has convinced the Oakland city council to allow the construction of factory-style marijuana farms, aimed at producing decent-quality bud at below-average prices. For now, Wilcox is filling a niche in the local medical marijuana market. But he...
Popular on Newser
US Downs Chinese Balloon Off South Carolina Coast
Now There's a 2nd Balloon, per Pentagon
A Vital Mineral Deposit Could Bring Big Change to Nebraska Village
This Reporter Followed George Santos Around for 16 Hours
2 Arrested After Shooting That Left 6 Dead, Including Infant
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.