Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Nov 9, 2016 11:27 AM CST
Trump's Son Among Potential Cabinet Picks
Donald Trump Jr. for Interior secretary?
- Hours after Donald Trump was named president-elect , talk has turned to what could potentially be "one of the more eclectic and controversial presidential cabinets in modern history," per Politico . Given that Trump is a businessman rather than a seasoned politician, it's perhaps no surprise that his camp...
Aug 30, 2016 10:11 AM CDT
Presidential Candidate to
Former Texas governor to join Amber Rose, Vanilla Ice, Ryan Lochte on 'DWTS'
- Rick Perry will join the next season of
Dancing With the Stars
, joining Ryan Lochte (probably not doing the Brazilian bossa nova), Amber Rose (doing dance moves that epitomize whatever she's famous for doing), and other celebrities for the ABC show's 23
season, ABC News reports. Perry, who...
Rick Perry Fails to Mention
Trump While at Podium
Jul 18, 2016 9:04 PM CDT
Rick Perry Fails to Mention Trump While at Podium
Though he did use the campaign's slogan
- One of Donald Trump's vanquished rivals took to the stage at the Republican National Convention Monday night, but he didn't exactly sing Trump's praises. As the
notes, former Texas Gov. Rick Perry did not mention Trump at all in his brief remarks. Perry's main...
I Want My
Sep 15, 2015 11:12 AM CDT
Donor to Rick Perry: I Want My $5M Back
Super PAC members aren't sure they can recoup the cash for contributors
- Rick Perry may have thought he could just drop out of the presidential race and ride off into the Texas sunset, but some supporters of the Perry-supporting Opportunity and Freedom PAC are asking an important question as his 10-gallon hat disappears over the horizon: Can we get our money back?...
Field Just Got
Sep 11, 2015 4:25 PM CDT
GOP Presidential Field Just Got Smaller
Rick Perry drops out of the 2016 race
- Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry is dropping out of the race for president, ending his second bid for the Republican nomination and becoming the first major candidate of the 2016 campaign to give up on the White House. His struggling campaign has been strapped for campaign cash and stuck polling...
Rick Perry Is No Longer
Paying His Staff
Aug 11, 2015 1:32 AM CDT
Rick Perry Is No Longer Paying His Staff
Campaign says it had to make 'tough decisions'
- Ominous signs from the Rick Perry campaign: Campaign staff are no longer being paid and they've been told the only expense that will be covered is travel, sources tell CBS News . "As the campaign moves along, tough decisions have to be made in respect to both monetary and...
Seen as Winner
of First Debate
Aug 6, 2015 5:56 PM CDT
Carly Fiorina Seen as Winner of First Debate
She and 6 others did their best to stand out
- Their better-polling rivals get to debate in prime time , but seven Republicans tried to make the most of it in the first Fox News debate today. Based on the early reviews, it seems that one clearly did: Carly Fiorina. She "nailed it," observes the
. The former...
GOP Debate as
'Insult to Voters'
Aug 5, 2015 7:06 AM CDT
Santorum Slams GOP Debate as 'Insult to Voters'
Rick Perry, Carly Fiorina also respond to missing cut
- Rick Santorum isn't pleased to have been left off the lineup for the first primetime GOP debate tomorrow. In fact, he says Fox News should apologize to the candidates who were overlooked and to the American public. In an interview with NBC News , he says the method of picking...
Rick Perry Is Running—and Hopes We Forgot 'Oops'
Jun 4, 2015 7:43 AM CDT
Rick Perry Is Running—and Hopes We Forgot 'Oops'
Ex-Texas governor will try to overcome 2011 flub and run on policy record
- Rick Perry is hoping America will forgive an "oops" moment : He's trying again for the country's top spot. A senior adviser speaking on condition of anonymity to the AP says the ex-Texas governor will announce today in Dallas that he's jumping into the presidential fray—and...
Feb 26, 2015 11:58 AM CST
The 'Conservative Woodstock' Kicks Off
What to watch for at CPAC
- The Conservative Political Action Conference—which Politico calls "the conservative Woodstock" and the
Christian Science Monitor
calls "the Super Bowl of conservative activism"—is currently under way in National Harbor, Md. What to watch for during the 41st annual CPAC—this one, Politico notes, is "the...
Aug 23, 2014 8:46 AM CDT
Rick Perry Selling T-Shirts With His Mugshot
Says he's 'wanted' for 'defeating Democrats'
- Rick Perry not only thinks the abuse-of-power charges against him are a joke, he's reveling in them. His Super PAC, RickPAC, is now selling $25 T-shirts featuring the Texas governor's police mugshot, reports ABC News . The text reads that he's a "wanted" man "for securing...
Rick Perry Booked
on Felony Charges
Aug 19, 2014 6:07 PM CDT
Rick Perry Booked on Felony Charges
Governor has his mugshot taken, vows to be vindicated
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry smiled for his police mugshot and promised to be vindicated on abuse-of-power charges today. Perry turned himself in at the Travis County Courthouse in Austin on the felony accusations, reports Reuters . “I'm here today because I believe in the rule of law," he...
Has to Have
Aug 19, 2014 12:55 PM CDT
Rick Perry Has to Have Mugshot Taken
But even the 'New York Times' editorial board thinks the charges are a joke
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry will be spared the indignity of an arrest warrant over his indictment on abuse-of-power charges, but he still must have his mugshot taken, reports the
San Francisco Chronicle
. "He's going to have to be processed like every other person who is charged with a...
Perry: I Would
the Same Call
Aug 17, 2014 11:47 AM CDT
Perry: I Would Make Exactly the Same Call
Texas governor doubles down in his attack on indictment
- Two days after being indicted Rick Perry is still calling the findings of the Texas grand jury little more than a political witch hunt , reports Politico . "I stood up for the rule of law in the state of Texas," he told
Fox News Sunday.
"And if I...
Abuse of Power
Abuse of Power
Aug 16, 2014 2:30 PM CDT
Rick Perry: Abuse of Power Indictment Is Abuse of Power
Says it's 'outrageous' and vows to fight it
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry said today that the indictment against him was an "outrageous" abuse of power and vowed to fight it. "This indictment amounts to nothing more than abuse of power and I cannot and will not allow that to happen," Perry said at a news...
Aug 15, 2014 6:00 PM CDT
Rick Perry Indicted for 'Abusing His Powers'
Texas governor indicted for carrying out veto threat
- A grand jury indicted Texas Gov. Rick Perry today for abusing the powers of his office by carrying out a threat to veto funding for state prosecutors investigating public corruption—making the possible 2016 presidential hopeful his state's first indicted governor in nearly a century. A special prosecutor spent...
to Border: Reports
Jul 21, 2014 11:50 AM CDT
Perry Deploying 1K Guardsmen to Border: Reports
Expected cost per month for new patrols: $12M
- Rick Perry hasn’t been exactly coy about his thoughts on the immigration crisis, but now he’s putting his (state's) money where his mouth is: He plans to announce today that he's sending up to 1,000 National Guard troops to shore up security along the Mexico...
Jul 14, 2014 11:44 AM CDT
Rand Paul, Rick Perry Squabble Over Iraq
Senator targets governor's 'new glasses'
- We've got a few years yet before 2016, but two potential GOP candidates are already taking shots at each other in dueling foreign policy pieces. Texas Gov. Rick Perry got the party started with a
op-ed, in which he attacked Sen. Rand Paul for being "curiously...
Pastors: Feds Blocking Us
From Immigration Camps
Jul 10, 2014 11:03 AM CDT
Pastors: Feds Blocking Us From Immigration Camps
Meanwhile, Obama deflects criticism that he didn't visit the border
- As the immigration crisis rages, pastors and faith groups are complaining that they're not being allowed to visit the children being held at border detention facilities. "It's pretty heartbreaking that they don't let anybody in there—even credentialed pastors," one pastor tells Todd Starnes at...
Jul 8, 2014 9:50 AM CDT
Rick Perry Disses Obama, Then Agrees to Meeting
Didn't want any part of quick handshake on Austin tarmac
- Rick Perry is not interested in a photo op with President Obama. The Texas governor and maybe-presidential-candidate yesterday said he would not be greeting Obama at the airport when he arrives in Austin tomorrow. "I appreciate the offer," Perry wrote in a letter to the president, according to...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Drew Their Guns. They Didn't Expect What Came Next
Bundchen: 'Now I'm Living,' Not Just 'Surviving'
Motherhood May Bring On Interesting Quirk
Missing Star Wars Relic Turns Up in a Garage
Biden Makes Big Announcement on UAW Strike
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.