Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
of Red Bull Dead at 78
Oct 23, 2022 5:31 AM CDT
Billionaire Co-Founder of Red Bull Dead at 78
Dietrich Mateschitz co-founded energy drink company, founded Red Bull F1 racing team
- Austrian billionaire Dietrich Mateschitz, the co-founder of energy drink company Red Bull and founder and owner of the Red Bull Formula One racing team, has died. He was 78. Officials with the Red Bull racing team announced Mateschitz's death Saturday. The
reports his death came after a long-term...
They Tried to Swap Planes
Midair. It Didn't Quite Work
Apr 25, 2022 8:13 AM CDT
They Tried to Swap Planes Midair. It Didn't Quite Work
FAA probing Sunday stunt in Arizona, which led to one plane crashing; both pilots are OK
The Federal Aviation Administration has launched a probe into a failed stunt in the sky. Cousins Luke Aikins and Andy Farrington, daredevil Red Bull skydivers who'd hoped to swap Cessna single-seat airplanes in midair, didn't see their feat go as planned on Sunday: One of the pilots...
Red Bull Heir
Oct 5, 2020 8:45 AM CDT
Interpol Issues Highest-Level Alert for Red Bull Heir
There's now a 'red notice' for Vorayuth Yoovidhya regarding charges over 2012 hit-and-run
- Last month, Thai officials warned they might tap into Interpol in their search for Vorayuth Yoovidhya, the Red Bull heir who fled the country in 2017 to avoid charges regarding a hit-and-run that left a Bangkok motorcycle cop dead. They've made good on that promise, per the
Red Bull Heir Faces Charges,
If Police Can Find Him
Sep 18, 2020 12:00 PM CDT
Red Bull Heir Faces Charges, If Police Can Find Him
Vorayuth Yoovidhya faces new indictment over 2012 hit-and-run in Thailand
- Red Bull heir Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya isn't free to return to Thailand after all. Two months after charges were dropped against the 38-year-old accused of killing a Bangkok motorcycle cop in a 2012 hit-and-run —a move critics called an example of impunity offered to the wealthy and...
Thailand Resurrects 8-Year-Old
Case Against Red Bull Heir
Jul 29, 2020 7:27 AM CDT
Thailand Resurrects 8-Year-Old Case Against Red Bull Heir
Thai PM orders investigation into fatal 2012 hit-and-run involving Vorayuth 'Boss' Yoovidhya
- Thailand's prime minister responded Wednesday to growing public furor by ordering a probe into the dropping of criminal charges against a Thai heir to the Red Bull energy drink fortune, accused of killing a policeman in a hit-and-run accident eight years ago. The case involving Vorayuth Yoovidhya, whose family...
8 Years After Fatal Crash,
Red Bull Heir Is Off the Hook
Jul 24, 2020 7:50 AM CDT
8 Years After Fatal Crash, Red Bull Heir Is Off the Hook
Vorayuth Yoovidhya killed a Bangkok cop in a 2012 hit-and-run
- Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya is now free to return to Thailand, the country he fled after killing a Bangkok motorcycle cop while speeding in his Ferrari nearly a decade ago. Police said Friday that they were dropping the final outstanding charge against the 37-year-old—reckless driving resulting in death—...
Daredevils Jump From
Mountain Into a Plane
Nov 30, 2017 7:11 AM CST
Daredevils Jump From Mountain Into a Plane
Vince Reffet, Fred Fugen pay homage to fellow French base jumper
- Vince Reffet initially thought the stunt would be relatively easy. He soon learned that base jumping from a 13,000-foot mountain peak, gliding and hitting a target little bigger than a body is the opposite of easy. After two months of training, however, that's exactly what Reffet and fellow...
Accused Red Bull Heir's
Trail Has Gone Cold
Sep 1, 2017 10:19 AM CDT
Accused Red Bull Heir's Trail Has Gone Cold
Another of the charges against Vorayuth Yoovidhya has effectively expired
- As a hit-and-run charge effectively expires, the whereabouts of an heir to the Red Bull energy-drink empire accused of killing a Bangkok police officer five years ago remain unknown. The fugitive, whose family is worth billions, has apparently found a way to disappear. The AP recently confirmed Vorayuth "Boss"...
'Red Notice' for
Red Bull Heir
Aug 28, 2017 5:05 PM CDT
Interpol Issues 'Red Notice' for Red Bull Heir
It's an international request for his arrest
- Interpol has issued an international request for the arrest of the billionaire heir to the Red Bull energy drink fortune, stepping up of the hunt for the fugitive Thai playboy wanted in a 2012 hit-and-run incident that left a traffic policeman dead in Bangkok, the AP reports. Thai police spokesman...
Red Bull Heir's Passport to Be
Revoked in Hit-and-Run Case
May 4, 2017 11:13 AM CDT
Red Bull Heir's Passport to Be Revoked in Hit-and-Run Case
Vorayuth 'Boss' Yoovidhya lived in luxury for years after the accident
- Thai authorities said Thursday they will revoke the passport of a fugitive heir to the Red Bull energy drink fortune who is wanted on deadly hit-and-run charges, the AP reports. Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya flew to Singapore two days before he was due to appear before prosecutors last month, but...
Red Bull Heir
Apr 28, 2017 7:57 AM CDT
Arrest Warrant Issued for Red Bull Heir
Vorayuth Yoovidhya missed Thursday's deadline to answer a summons
- A Bangkok court on Friday approved an arrest warrant for an heir to the Red Bull energy drink fortune accused of a deadly hit-and-run accident , moving the case forward after almost five years without charges being pressed. Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya is accused of fleeing the scene of a 2012...
Law Might Be Finally
Catching Up to Red Bull Heir
Apr 27, 2017 2:06 PM CDT
Law Might Be Finally Catching Up to Red Bull Heir
5 years after fatal hit-and-run, arrest warrant will be sought
- An heir to the Red Bull fortune failed to show up Thursday to face charges over an alleged hit-and-run that killed a Thai police officer almost five years ago , as Bangkok prosecutors declared they would now seek a warrant for his arrest, the AP reports. Prayuth Petchkhun, a deputy spokesman...
Red Bull Heir Accused of Killing
Cop Still Lives in Luxury
Mar 28, 2017 8:46 AM CDT
Red Bull Heir Accused of Killing Cop Still Lives in Luxury
Expert says his jet-set life shows 'culture of impunity' for wealthy
- The Ferrari driver who allegedly slammed into a motorcycle cop , dragged him along the road and then sped away from the mangled body took just hours to find, as investigators followed a trail of brake fluid into the gated estate of one of Thailand's richest families. The prosecution of...
Meet the Billionaire Heirs
to the Red Bull Fortune
Oct 30, 2016 9:32 AM CDT
Meet the Billionaire Heirs to the Red Bull Fortune
Chaleo Yoovidhya left his family a $22B fortune
- Among the richest humans on the planet when he died, Red Bull founder Chaleo Yoovidhya was a quiet-to-the-point-of-reclusive Thai entrepreneur who preferred duck farming to the trappings of wealth. And since the devout Buddhist's death in 2012, 11 of his family members have inherited his vast fortune, which Bloomberg...
What ISIS Likes to Drink
to Stay Awake
Nov 11, 2014 3:50 PM CST
What ISIS Likes to Drink to Stay Awake
Militants fueled by Red Bull have taken control of Turkish-Syrian border trade
- Red Bull gives you wings, and if you're an Islamic militant, apparently, extra stamina to keep fighting. Turkish traders are shipping the energy drink and other items into Syria across borders that are controlled by rebels belonging to ISIS, the Free Syrian Army, and the Islamic Front, and business...
How to Get Your
Share of a $13M
Red Bull Payout
Oct 9, 2014 10:18 AM CDT
How to Get Your Share of a $13M Red Bull Payout
Company offers $10 or free products after false advertising lawsuit
- If you purchased even a single can of Red Bull in the last 12 years, you could get $10 in cash or two free products. But it's not exactly because the energy drink giant is feeling generous: The offer is part of a $13 million settlement over false advertising...
Dec 3, 2013 7:33 AM CST
Energy Drinks Change Your Heartbeat
Not a problem, says energy drink maker
- Downing energy drinks packed with caffeine actually causes your heart to pump more forcefully, according to researchers who are pretty sure that isn't a good thing. The heart researchers, who were trying to determine why the drinks are linked to tens of thousands of emergency room visits annually, gave...
Suit: Red Bull
Killed Healthy Man
Oct 28, 2013 2:30 PM CDT
Suit: Red Bull Killed Healthy Man
Cory Terry died of a heart attack after downing energy drink
- Cory Terry, 33, had been playing basketball for about 45 minutes on Nov. 8, 2011, when he drank a can of Red Bull—and then felt lightheaded, collapsed, and died of a heart attack. An autopsy found his cause of death was idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy, which can be caused by...
Experts: Yeah, Red Bull
Won't 'Give You Wings'
Jan 2, 2013 7:19 AM CST
Experts: Yeah, Red Bull Won't 'Give You Wings'
Little evidence backs up energy drink claims
- Bad news, energy drink addicts: There's little actual proof that Red Bull will "give you wings" or that Monster Energy is a "killer energy brew." The wildly popular beverages—they make up the fastest-growing portion of the drink industry—are, when it comes down to it,...
Science, Brought to You By...
Oct 18, 2012 7:14 AM CDT
Science, Brought to You By...
Red Bull Stratos could mark new age of advertising
- When Felix Baumgartner jumped from the edge of space wearing prominent Red Bull logos on his spacesuit, advertising CEO Larry Woodard got excited. Could we, he asks in a column for ABC News , be on the verge of a new age of ad-sponsored science? "Red Bull stayed right on...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Brittney Griner Freed by Russia, but at a 'Heavy Price'
Man Who Stood Up Wife at Airport Found 10 Years Later
Restaurant Axed Reservation After Staff Looked Up Group
Palace 'Might Be Relieved' by Harry & Meghan Series
Release May Be a Reward for Viktor Bout Keeping 'His Cool'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.