Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read recent news and reports of missing people on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
One of US' Oldest Kidnapping
Cases Has a Surprise Ending
Nov 28, 2022 9:10 AM CST
One of US' Oldest Kidnapping Cases Has a Surprise Ending
Melissa Highsmith, abducted as a baby in 1971, meets parents, siblings for first time
- Last month, Jeff Highsmith vowed to not give up looking for his sister, Melissa Highsmith, who was kidnapped as a baby in Fort Worth, Texas, more than 50 years ago. "I have to try," he said of his recently ramped-up efforts to find his older sibling, spurred by...
Missing Cruise Passenger
Turns Up Alive in Gulf Next Day
Nov 25, 2022 12:15 PM CST
Missing Cruise Passenger Turns Up Alive in Gulf Next Day
28-year-old was last seen some 21 hours before his rescue off Louisiana
- A man was drinking with his sister at a bar aboard Carnival's Valor cruise ship following its departure from New Orleans on Wednesday when he stepped away to use the bathroom around 11pm. He never returned. His sister reported his disappearance to crew members around noon Thursday, some 13...
Police K-9 Finds Missing
Nov 20, 2022 6:45 AM CST
Police K-9 Finds Missing 80-Year-Old Hunter
Michigan man had fallen into a river multiple times on a freezing day
- A police K-9 unit in Michigan rescued a missing 80-year-old hunter on a frigid day. State troopers in Lovells Township followed Loki as the dog tracked the hunter's scent and located him by the Au Sable River less than a mile from his home, reports the
Trouble Befalls Man Walking
From Spain to World Cup
Oct 26, 2022 2:27 PM CDT
Trouble Befalls Man Walking From Spain to World Cup
Santiago Sanchez may have been arrested in Iran
- A Spanish man trekking from Madrid to Doha for the 2022 FIFA World Cup is believed to be under arrest in Iran, where he went missing more than three weeks ago, his family said Wednesday. "We learned this morning from the (Spanish) foreign ministry that there's a 99%...
Family Is Still Searching
for Girl Kidnapped in 1971
Oct 25, 2022 6:28 PM CDT
Family Is Still Searching for Girl Kidnapped in 1971
They're investigating a new tip about Melissa Highsmith, who would now be 52
- Melissa Highsmith was 21 months old when she was kidnapped in Fort Worth, Texas, more than 50 years ago, but family members have never given up hope of seeing her again—or, for younger brother Jeff Highsmith, meeting her for the first time. Jeff Highsmith and his father have traveled...
Missing Michigan Family
Seen at UP Gas Station
Oct 23, 2022 10:05 AM CDT
Missing Michigan Family Seen at UP Gas Station
Anthony Cirigliano told police he was in danger because he had information on 9/11 attacks
: A family that disappeared after the father told police he was in danger was spotted at a gas station in Michigan's Upper Peninsula on Monday, NBC News reports. Surveillance video shows the Ciriglianos buying gas and fuel in Gulliver, about 170 miles north of the family's home...
A Missing Princeton
Student Is Found Dead
Oct 20, 2022 3:54 PM CDT
A Missing Princeton Student Is Found Dead
Misrach Ewunetie hadn't been seen since last week
A Princeton student who went missing last week has been found dead, reports the AP . The body of 20-year-old Misrach Ewunetie, an Ohio native, was discovered behind tennis courts on the New Jersey campus Thursday afternoon, authorities say. Mercer County Prosecutor Angelo Onofri says there are no obvious signs...
Cops Offer Grim Update
on Missing Ga. Toddler
Oct 13, 2022 9:25 AM CDT
Cops Offer Grim Update on Missing Ga. Toddler
Police say toddler Quinton Simon is likely dead, and his mother is 'prime suspect'
- A Georgia toddler reported missing more than a week ago is likely not alive, police said this week in a grim update, adding that all eyes are now on his mom. "We are saddened to report that CCPD and the FBI have notified Quinton Simon's family that we...
He Was Walking During Rush
Hour. Then a Car Pulled Up
Oct 10, 2022 8:06 AM CDT
He Was Walking During Rush Hour. Then a Car Pulled Up
Cops in Pasadena searching for man they say was abducted off street in broad daylight on Thursday
- Just days after the kidnapping of a California family that ended in tragedy , a man remains missing after an assault and abduction in Pasadena that happened in the middle of the day. The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department (LASD) says the victim was strolling on Thursday near the 210...
Ex-Trooper Goes Missing
Oct 7, 2022 11:10 AM CDT
Ex-Trooper Goes Missing After Sentencing
Harvey Briggs was sentenced to probation for pulling mask off Tennessee protester
- A former Tennessee state trooper has gone missing after he was sentenced for a misdemeanor assault conviction on a charge that he pulled the face mask off a protester during the COVID-19 pandemic in August 2020. In a Facebook post Monday, Columbia police said 54-year-old Harvey Briggs was last seen...
Man Who Lost Glasses in
Quake Found 17 Days Later
Sep 22, 2022 11:47 AM CDT
Man Who Lost Glasses in Quake Found 17 Days Later
China's Gan Yu 'said he would have died' in mountains, where he became lost: reports
- Gan Yu was working at a hydropower plant when a 6.8 magnitude earthquake struck China's Sichuan province earlier this month. Rather than flee, he stayed at his post, "saving villages downstream from being flooded," according to state news agency Xinhua . His eventual escape, it turns out,...
Cops: Burned Body, Cryptic
Text, No Evidence of Abduction
Sep 22, 2022 10:15 AM CDT
Cops: Burned Body, Cryptic Text, No Evidence of Abduction
Police are investigating the mysterious murder of Deborrah Collier in Georgia
- Police are trying to solve a murder mystery in Georgia, where the naked, partially burned body of a woman was found in the woods on the side of a road. What seems to be the last known communication from Deborrah Collier, 59, was in a message sent to her daughter...
Police Searching for
Missing Woman Are
Looking for a Drum
Sep 19, 2022 2:07 AM CDT
Police Searching for Missing Woman Are Looking for a Drum
Irene Gakwa's family last saw her on a video call Feb. 24
- Irene Gakwa moved to the US from Kenya in 2019, with dreams of becoming a nurse. She last spoke to her parents in Kenya via video chat on Feb. 24, and they noticed she seemed tired and withdrawn. Her dad reminded her to "drink hot milk and relax."...
Body of Kiely Rodni Possibly
Found in Submerged Car
Aug 22, 2022 1:00 AM CDT
Body of Kiely Rodni Possibly Found in Submerged Car
Teen was last seen at campground party in Truckee early on Aug. 6
The YouTube-famous recovery dive team Adventures with Purpose on Sunday claimed they had located the car of a missing California 16-year-old. They say the presumed body of Kiely Rodni was inside, reports the
. "Car is upside down in only 14 (feet) of water" at Prosser Creek...
3 Men Missing After Attempt
to Save Struggling Child
Jul 5, 2022 9:30 AM CDT
3 Men Missing After Attempt to Save Struggling Child
Recovery mission continues in Calif. river after child made it safely out of the water
- Three men are missing and presumed dead in California after jumping into a river to save a struggling child. Witnesses say a group was fishing on the riverbank near the Three Mile Slough Bridge off Brannan Island State Recreation Area on Sunday when an 8-year-old child began struggling in the...
Missing Man's Boat Washes
Ashore—on Another Continent
in case you missed it
Jul 3, 2022 7:02 AM CDT
Missing Man's Boat Washes Ashore—on Another Continent
It was found 2.7K miles away from where Joseph Matthew Johnson was last seen
- The boat of a North Carolina man missing since November has washed ashore thousands of miles away in the Azores Islands off Portugal—and while there was no sign of Joseph Matthew Johnson, relatives still believe the 44-year-old will be found alive. Johnson was last seen leaving the Federal Point...
One Year After He Went
Missing, Clues Are Sparse
Jun 24, 2022 4:50 PM CDT
One Year After He Went Missing, Clues Are Sparse
Geologist Daniel Robinson's family say they're no closer to finding him after he vanished in Arizona
- It's been a year since Daniel Robinson vanished in the Arizona desert, and his family says not much in the way of news on the missing geologist has developed since then. Robinson, then 24, disappeared after leaving his Buckeye worksite on June 23 of last year, and about a...
2 Missing After
River Float Goes Awry
May 31, 2022 12:06 PM CDT
2 Missing After River Float Goes Awry
Women were part of a group whisked over 12-foot dam in Virginia
- Crews are searching for two missing women, part of a group of floaters who were whisked over a 12-foot dam in Virginia on Memorial Day. A dozen people on rafts and paddleboards took to the James River from Watkins Landing in Powhatan, intending to reach shore at Robious Landing in...
Prison Official Goes Missing
While Bringing Inmate to Court
Apr 30, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Prison Official Goes Missing While Bringing Inmate to Court
Search is on for Vicki White, who was escorting prisoner held on capital murder charges
- A prison official from Alabama is missing after escorting an inmate to a courthouse for a hearing. The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office said in a Facebook post Saturday that Assistant Director of Corrections Vicki White disappeared while escorting an inmate being held on capital murder charges, per the AP...
She Applied for Job at
Texas Nightclub, Disappeared
Apr 23, 2022 6:31 AM CDT
She Applied for Job at Texas Nightclub, Disappeared
Community activist calls for action in case of missing woman Felicia Johnson
- Felicia Marie Johnson traveled from California to Houston looking for employment at a nightclub, but disappeared after applying for a job at the club on April 15, KHOU reports. The 24-year-old called an Uber after leaving Cover Girls Night Club, but it was running late and a man at the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Iran, US Soccer Now Have Bad Blood Over Altered Flag
Trump Aides Struggle on White Supremacist Dinner
Merriam-Webster Chooses Its Word of the Year
DEA's Most Corrupt Agent: I Didn't Act Alone
Maine Objects to Decision by Whole Foods on Lobster
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.