Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
SEAL Recruit Turned Blue,
Didn't Want Others to Call 911
Oct 12, 2022 11:06 AM CDT
SEAL Recruit Turned Blue, Didn't Want Others to Call 911
Kyle Mullen died of acute pneumonia, with the contributing cause of an enlarged heart
- Kyle Mullen died in February within hours of completing the arduous Navy SEAL training known as "Hell Week." Eight months later, three officers who oversaw the training have been reprimanded, on the same day that a 320-page investigation into the 24-year-old's death was released. What you need...
Navy Seal Candidate Dies
During Grueling 'Hell Week'
Feb 7, 2022 4:00 AM CST
Navy Seal Candidate Dies During Grueling 'Hell Week'
Seaman who died Friday has been identified
The Navy SEAL candidate who died Friday after "Hell Week" has been identified as a New Jersey 24-year-old. Seaman Kyle Mullen had been a standout basketball and football player at Manalapan High School who then played football for Yale and Monmouth universities, the
New Jersey Star-Ledger
SEAL Pleads Guilty in
'Tape Job' Death of Green Beret
Jan 15, 2021 8:20 AM CST
SEAL Pleads Guilty in 'Tape Job' Death of Green Beret
Chief Petty Officer Tony DeDolph put man in chokehold before death in Mali
- A Navy SEAL pleaded guilty Thursday to involuntary manslaughter for his role in the hazing death of a Green Beret while the men were stationed in Africa. Chief Petty Officer Tony DeDolph, a member of the elite SEAL Team 6, also offered a detailed account of the night in which...
Trump on Language Change
In SEALs Ethos: 'Ridiculous'
Oct 2, 2020 11:40 AM CDT
Trump on Language Change In SEALs Ethos: 'Ridiculous'
President claims he's going to overturn alterations that get rid of words like 'brotherhood'
- Although no women have yet qualified to become Navy SEALs, the elite US combat unit recently changed the language in its official guiding beliefs in anticipation that female service members may one day join its ranks. As reported earlier this week by American Military News , the ethos and creeds of...
Navy Investigating 'Target'
Used in K9 Attack Demo
Aug 3, 2020 8:43 AM CDT
Navy Investigating 'Target' Used in K9 Attack Demo
Military dogs went after man dressed as Colin Kaepernick at National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum
- In addition to US service members, military dogs are sent onto battlefields to help defeat foes, and a demonstration last year at a Florida nonprofit was meant to show how that's done. But video has now emerged of that demo in Fort Pierce at the National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum,...
Top SEAL Who Clashed
With Trump Has News
Feb 5, 2020 3:04 PM CST
Top SEAL Who Clashed With Trump Has News
Special Warfare Rear Adm. Collin Green says he's stepping down in September
- About two months after clashing with President Trump, the head of the Navy SEALs is stepping down. Special Warfare Rear Adm. Collin Green has announced his plan to retire in September, a year earlier than planned, after he tried to impose discipline on a SEAL whose behavior became a hot-button...
'Guy Was Toxic': Navy
SEALs Describe Gallagher
Dec 27, 2019 8:49 AM CST
'Guy Was Toxic': Navy SEALs Describe Gallagher
'New York Times' obtains investigative materials from Navy
New York Times
is out with a story documenting video interviews and texts by Navy SEALs who reported their platoon chief, Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher , for misconduct. Gallagher was accused of war crimes, though he was eventually cleared of all charges except posing with a prisoner's corpse....
by Navy Leader
on SEAL Case
Nov 25, 2019 2:13 PM CST
Defense Chief 'Flabbergasted' by Navy Leader on SEAL Case
Mark Esper also confirms that Trump ordered him to protect SEAL Edward Gallagher
- The saga of the newly ousted Navy commander and a Navy SEAL continues to unfold. On Monday, defense chief Mark Esper revealed that President Trump ordered him to make sure Edward Gallagher was allowed to retire as a SEAL with full benefits, reports the Hill . "I spoke with the...
Ousted Navy Secretary
Pens Final Letter to Trump
Nov 25, 2019 10:25 AM CST
Ousted Navy Secretary Pens Final Letter to Trump
Richard Spencer says he and president disagree on 'good order and discipline'
- Newly fired Navy Secretary Richard V. Spencer is telling his side of the story in a final letter to President Trump. Spencer writes that he could not in "good conscience obey" Trump's order to back off on any further discipline of a Navy SEAL who'd been accused...
'Deeply Troubled' Defense
Secretary Fires Navy Chief
Nov 24, 2019 5:00 PM CST
'Deeply Troubled' Defense Secretary Fires Navy Chief
Navy Secretary Richard Spencer has been told to resign
- Well, that settles it: Navy Secretary Richard Spencer just got fired. Defense Secretary Mark Esper demanded his resignation Sunday amid turmoil over a pending military review of a tarnished Navy SEAL, Fox News reports. Esper sought Spencer's resignation "after losing trust and confidence in him regarding his lack...
Navy Chief Stands in 'Open
Defiance' of the President
Nov 23, 2019 2:45 PM CST
Navy Chief Stands in 'Open Defiance' of the President
US Navy Secretary Richard Spencer wants review of Edward Gallagher to continue
- The battle over a tarnished Navy SEAL is heating up in Washington. On Friday, US Navy Secretary Richard Spencer lent his support to a pending Navy panel that will decide the military future of Edward Gallagher—despite President Trump's assertion that Gallagher remain a SEAL, Reuters reports. "I...
Navy: We're Dumping
Nov 21, 2019 10:30 AM CST
Navy: We're Dumping Controversial SEAL. Trump: Nope
President comes to Eddie Gallagher's rescue once more
- President Trump is again coming to the rescue of a Navy SEAL accused of war crimes before his conviction of posing with a dead ISIS captive in Iraq in 2017. "The Navy will NOT be taking away Warfighter and Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher's Trident Pin," Trump tweeted...
From Trump, Despite
Nov 16, 2019 5:30 AM CST
Pardons, Promotion From Trump, Despite Pentagon Pushback
Defense Secretary Mark Esper said he had a 'robust discussion' with the president on this
- President Trump has pardoned a former US Army commando set to stand trial next year in the killing of a suspected Afghan bomb-maker and a former Army lieutenant convicted of murder for ordering his men to fire upon three Afghans, killing two, the White House announced late Friday. The commander...
Fan Favorite Dead at 91
Nov 2, 2019 4:00 PM CDT
Fan Favorite Dead at 91
Rudy Boesch died from Alzheimer's complications
- Rudy Boesch, the ex-Navy SEAL who became a fan favorite on
's first season, died Friday after a battle with Alzheimer's. He was 91. Boesch "was surrounded by his family and passed away peacefully" in Virginia, a SEAL veterans official tells the
. "He proudly...
for Navy SEAL Who
Posed With Corpse
Oct 30, 2019 4:04 AM CDT
Punishment Eased for Navy SEAL Who Posed With Corpse
Edward Gallagher was not demoted to seaman recruit
- A Navy SEAL acquitted of murdering an ISIS captive but convicted of posing for photos with the man's corpse has had his sentence upheld—but with a much smaller punishment. Chief Petty Officer Edward Gallagher has been bumped down a rank, to petty officer first class, though since his...
In 'Rare Move,' 3 Elite
Navy SEALs Are Fired
Sep 7, 2019 11:15 AM CDT
In 'Rare Move,' 3 Elite Navy SEALs Are Fired
'Due to a loss of confidence that resulted from leadership failures'
- In July, a Navy SEAL team was sent home early from Iraq amid allegations of sexual assault and unauthorized drinking. Shortly after that, Rear Adm. Collin Green warned , "We have a problem" in regard to the culture underlying not only SEAL Team 7, but throughout the entire special-operations force....
Top Navy SEAL Warns:
'We Have a Problem'
Aug 2, 2019 9:25 AM CDT
Top Navy SEAL Warns: 'We Have a Problem'
Addressing 'good order and discipline problem' is 'top priority'
- The commander of the Naval Special Warfare Command put the words "We have a problem" in bold font. "I don't know yet if we have a culture problem, I do know that we have a good order and discipline problem that must be addressed immediately," reads...
Navy SEALs Yanked From
Iraq Over July 4 Allegations
Jul 26, 2019 7:53 AM CDT
Navy SEALs Yanked From Iraq Over July 4 Allegations
Command describes 'perceived deterioration of good order and discipline'
- The only group of Navy SEALs in Iraq is being sent home early following reports of a rape and unauthorized drinking. US Special Operations Command said Wednesday that the move followed "a perceived deterioration of good order and discipline within the team"—Foxtrot Platoon of SEAL Team 7,...
Navy SEAL With Immunity in
Murder Case May Be Charged
Jun 27, 2019 7:01 AM CDT
Navy SEAL With Immunity in Murder Case May Be Charged
Corey Scott may face perjury charges after claiming he killed an ISIS fighter
- At the court martial of Navy Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher last week, Special Operator First Class Corey Scott stunned a courtroom when, out of the blue, he announced he, not Gallagher, was the one who'd killed a captured young ISIS fighter in Iraq in 2017. Now, Scott may...
Trial Witness: Navy SEAL
Chief Didn't Kill Captive—I Did
Jun 21, 2019 6:42 AM CDT
Trial Witness: Navy SEAL Chief Didn't Kill Captive—I Did
Prosecutors don't buy argument from medic
- A Navy SEAL medic said at a court martial Thursday that it was he who killed a captured ISIS fighter in Iraq in 2017—not Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher, who is accused of the murder . After Gallagher stabbed the teen, causing what Special Operator First Class Corey Scott testified...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
After a Drowning, Amusement Park Ride Closes for Good
On Roe v. Wade, Federal Judge Sees a 'Loophole'
Days After 'Dead' Woman Was Found Alive, a New Incident
One Quirk in Couples Health Study Is a Surprise
Shots Fired as Intruder Breaches Home of Air Force One
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.