Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
This Beyonce Song
Is (Literally) a Lifesaver
Dec 4, 2023 3:00 AM CST
This Beyonce Song Is (Literally) a Lifesaver
'Virgo's Groove' has the correct beats per minute ratio
- The American Heart Association is out with two more songs that could quite literally save a life. Beyonce's "Virgo's Groove" and Taylor Swift's "You're Losing Me" both have between 100 and 120 beats per minute, which is the speed at which you need to...
Taylor Swift and Beyonce:
'An Actual Fairytale'
Oct 12, 2023 2:43 PM CDT
Taylor Swift and Beyonce: 'An Actual Fairytale'
Beyonce shows up at Taylor's movie premiere, and it's seen as a 'powerful statement'
- You might not know it from their respective fan bases, but Beyonce and Taylor Swift are big public supporters of each other. On Wednesday night, Beyonce caused a stir by showing up at the Los Angeles premiere of Swift's concert film, reports
. "She's been a guiding...
Induced My Baby'
Sep 8, 2023 11:35 AM CDT
Actor: 'Beyonce Induced My Baby'
Sarah Francis Jones of 'Hairspray' went into labor at Monday concert in California
- Sarah Francis Jones was a week from her due date, but she figured that was no reason to skip seeing Beyonce live in concert, and on Beyonce's birthday no less. Jones, an actor who's appeared in films including
, took her husband, fellow actor Marcel Spears,...
'No View' Beyoncé Seats
Aug 17, 2023 4:10 PM CDT
Ticketmaster Sells 'No View' Beyoncé Seats
But some fans are happy with the view from 'listening seats'
- After wowing legions of fans in Europe and Canada, Beyoncé is now on the US leg of her Renaissance World Tour—and some fans are so desperate to see her that they're buying "listening only" seats. Axios reports that Ticketmaster has been "quietly" selling tickets for "...
Ran Late, So She
Paid $100K to
Run the Trains
Aug 8, 2023 1:19 PM CDT
Beyonce's Show Ran Late, So She Paid $100K to Run the Trains
Singer's tour ponied up cash to keep DC Metro running an extra hour after heavy rain, lightning
- Taylor Swift isn't the only superstar on tour who's plunking down big bucks to treat her people well: And while Swift's was a gift to the people who work on her tour, Beyonce's was a gift for fans just trying to home from her concert. As...
Swedish Economist Blames
Inflation on Beyonce
Jun 14, 2023 7:45 PM CDT
Swedish Economist Blames Inflation on Beyonce
Stockholm concerts created a small but noticeable uptick, he says
- The start of Beyonce's world tour was an event so big in Sweden that it produced a bump in the inflation rate, according to Danske Bank's chief economist in the country. Michael Grahn says the star's two concerts in Stockholm last month added around 0.2 percentage...
Feb 6, 2023 6:56 AM CST
Beyonce Makes Grammy Awards History
She wins her 32nd award, becoming the Grammys' most decorated artist
- Harry Styles won album of the year at Sunday's Grammy Awards, taking home the top honor on a night that Beyoncé dominated and became the ceremony’s most decorated artist, the AP reports. Beyoncé won her 32nd award, breaking a 26-year-old record. But as in years past, the album...
Beyonce, Jay-Z Tied for
Grammy Nominations Record
Nov 15, 2022 6:52 PM CST
Beyonce, Jay-Z Tied for Grammy Nominations Record
Their total is now 88 apiece
- Beyoncé has been crowned the most Grammy-nominated person in history—tying her husband, rapper Jay-Z, with 88 nominations apiece. She received nine nominations while Kendrick Lamar received eight and Adele received seven, the CBC reports. Jay-Z got five nods. Here are the reactions to Tuesday's Grammy nominations, per the...
Another Beyonce Song Takes
a Hit, This Time From Lewinsky
Aug 3, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Another Beyonce Song Takes a Hit, This Time From Lewinsky
Anti-bullying advocate wants her name removed from 2013's 'Partition'
- Since Beyonce will follow Lizzo in removing the word "spaz" from a song on her new record, Monica Lewinsky figures it's a good time to push for the removal of her name from another of the artist's tracks. In response to Monday's news that the singer...
Beyonce Is Removing
Lyric Considered Ableist
Aug 1, 2022 12:15 PM CDT
Beyonce Is Removing Lyric Considered Ableist
Song from 'Renaissance' will be re-recorded
- Beyonce's new album
is getting a lot of love—but disability campaigners were dismayed by one song's lyrics. In "Heated," co-written with Drake, Beyonce sings "Spazzin’ on that a--, spazz on that a--," which drew a backlash from critics who called the reference...
What Critics Are Saying
About Beyonce's New Album
Jul 29, 2022 12:24 PM CDT
What Critics Are Saying About Beyonce's New Album
She's 'having fun on her own terms,' one writes of album 'Renaissance'
- The single " Break My Soul " tells us "Bey is back." And now it's official.
, Beyonce's first solo album release since 2016's
, dropped Friday after leaking a few days earlier. "My intention was to create a safe place, a place without...
Beyonce, Billie Eilish
Will Sing Nominated
Songs at Oscars
Mar 22, 2022 7:37 PM CDT
Beyonce, Billie Eilish Will Sing Nominated Songs at Oscars
They'll be joined by Reba McEntire, Sebastián Yatra
- Beyonce, Billie Eilish, and other nominees for best original song will perform at Sunday's Oscars, the show's producers announced Tuesday. Beyonce will perform her nominated song "Be Alive" from
, and Eilish and her brother and co-writer Finneas will perform "No Time to Die"
Is Not Having It
Aug 27, 2021 5:00 AM CDT
Diamond Debate? Beyonce's Mom Is Not Having It
Tina Knowles hits back at criticism of her daughter over Tiffany Diamond
- Beyonce made history when she became the first Black woman to wear the Tiffany diamond —but she also sparked controversy. As Karen Attiah points out in the
, there's a disturbing story behind the 128.54 carat yellow diamond, and in the opinion of many, "it...
Beyoncé Is Fourth Woman
to Wear Famous Diamond
Aug 23, 2021 12:32 PM CDT
Beyoncé Is Fourth Woman to Wear Famous Diamond
She wears iconic Tiffany diamond in new campaign for Tiffany & Co.
- Beyoncé has joined diplomat's wife Mary Whitehouse, Audrey Hepburn, and Lady Gaga in a very exclusive club. For a new Tiffany & Co. ad campaign, the singer became the fourth person—and the first Black woman—to wear the famous 128.54-carat Tiffany Diamond, CNN reports. The gem, found...
Here Are Your
Mar 15, 2021 12:03 AM CDT
Here Are Your Grammy Winners
Including Beyonce, who made Grammys history
- Beyonce made history before the Grammys even started Sunday night, winning best rap performance along with Megan Thee Stallion for their remix of "Savage" during the pre-ceremony, the AP reports. That's the first time two women have won in that category, CNN reports. During the awards ceremony, Queen...
Blue Ivy Carter
Makes Grammys History
Mar 14, 2021 11:19 PM CDT
Blue Ivy Carter Makes Grammys History
She's the 2nd-youngest winner ever
- Blue Ivy Carter on Sunday night became the second-youngest Grammy winner of all time. The 9-year-old daughter of Beyonce and Jay-Z won (along with her mom and collaborator WizKid) for Queen Bey's "Brown Skin Girl," which took home the best music video award. As the Huffington Post...
Beyoncé, Taylor Swift
Could Have Record Nights
Mar 14, 2021 1:40 PM CDT
Beyoncé, Taylor Swift Could Have Record Nights
'Folklore' is nominated for album of the year, while 'Black Parade' is up for record and song honors
- It could be a night for the history books for Taylor Swift and Beyoncé at Sunday’s Grammy Awards. Swift could become the first woman to win the top prize, album of the year, three times, the AP reports. Her first surprise album of 2020—the folky, alternative adventure
Blue Ivy Gets a Big Nod, Like
Mom and Dad Before Her
Dec 12, 2020 5:30 AM CST
Blue Ivy Gets a Big Nod, Like Mom and Dad Before Her
8-year-old follows in Beyonce, Jay-Z's footsteps with Grammy nomination, for 'Brown Skin Girl'
- Blue Ivy Carter is an official Grammy nominee. When the Recording Academy announced the nominees for the 2021 Grammys last month, Beyonce scored a nomination for best music video for "Brown Skin Girl," for which Ivy Carter is credited as a featured artist. The 8-year-old's name didn'...
Nov 24, 2020 12:38 PM CST
Here Are the Top Grammy Nominees
Beyoncé leads the way with 9, despite not releasing an album
- Beyoncé’s anthem about Black pride scored multiple Grammy nominations Tuesday, making her the leading contender with nine. She picked up song and record of the year bids with “Black Parade,” which she released on Juneteenth, the holiday that commemorates when the last enslaved African Americans learned...
Name Came From?
Sep 17, 2020 6:11 AM CDT
Where Beyonce's Name Came From?
It's her mom's maiden name, and she should've been Beyince instead
- Lots of people name their kids after family members, or even use surnames from further up the family tree. Yet somehow the world is reeling from finding out that's exactly how one of our most famous celebrities got her own moniker. Per
, Tina Knowles-Lawson, the mother of...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Elon Musk Lashes Out at Disney CEO Bob Iger
Deputy Killed in Police Chase of Senator's Son
In Tiny Liechtenstein, a Prince Dies 'Unexpectedly'
Celebs' Jilted Exes Are Now Dating Each Other
She Turned to Podcasters Over Sister's Killing. It Ended Badly
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.