John Travolta, whose dogs were killed when an airport vehicle ran them over, is the latest celebrity whose pets met an untimely—and much publicized—demise. The Frisky rounds up 10 of the most bizarre and/or tragic famous pet deaths:
- Courtney Love: Her dog ate one of her breast implants—which she called “bootleg implants from Mexico” and kept as souvenirs after having them removed—and died.
- George Clooney: At age 18, Clooney’s companion probably died of natural causes…but the bizarre part is the type of pet he had: A 300-pound potbellied pig who shared his bed.
- Oprah Winfrey: Her 2-year-old golden retriever choked on a plastic ball meant for a smaller dog, and died even though Oprah’s security guard tried pumping her chest.
- Sandi Thom: The Scottish singer lost one of her cats, and a “local landowner” shot and killed her.
- Mickey Rourke: His chihuahua also died of natural causes, but the bizarre part comes in when you remember that Rourke planned to take said chihuahua to the Oscars as his date.
For the complete list, including one musician who is suing over his dog’s death, click here
. (Read more pets