The fact that Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears never finished high school isn't exactly shocking. But you might be surprised to hear that these more serious celebs also dropped out. The Frisky found 10 you wouldn’t expect:
- Hilary Swank: Managed to snag a role as a high school teacher in Freedom Writers even though she herself never graduated.
- Simon Cowell: Dropped out at 16 to start down his path to American Idol—as a mailboy at RCA.
- Quentin Tarantino: Among the jobs he held after leaving school: ushering at a porn theater.
- Al Pacino: Failed almost every class he took at New York City’s High School of the Performing Arts, and dropped out at 17.
- Whoopi Goldberg: Felt like a failure and left school, but later learned she had undiagnosed dyslexia.
For the complete list, including one heartthrob who was expelled for riding a motorcycle through the halls, click here
. (Read more Hilary Swank