Larry King keeps reeling in the ladies—his latest soon-to-be-ex-wife is nearly 30 years his junior—but, surprisingly, it’s not just his fame and money that keep them coming back. “Larry is hot!” Joy Behar recently said of the 76-year-old. “He’s a sex machine, OK?” Er, we’ll have to take her word for it. But what accounts for all the fervor? Courtney Crowder of ABC does some investigative reporting:
- Calming influence: “He's relaxing and non-threatening, and to women who want a sort of shelter, that is very attractive,” says one media professor.
- All the sex: Reports of cheating, rather than acting as a turn-off, “make him a very sexual being,” an entertainment columnist says. “That might even make him a hottie in some people’s eyes.”
- "Ew" factor: “He is seen as a grandfatherly figure,” the professor continues; the columnist calls him “a paternal figure.”
- "Duh" factor: “Certain women are attracted to celebrity and money,” adds the columnist.
- Good listener: Because of his job, King “is perceived as a good listener,” the professor says, although a relationship expert points out, "Considering his history, I am not sure that he is a good listener when it comes to his wives and girlfriends."
For all the reasons, click here
(Read more Larry King