The search for a term to replace “hipster” in lexicons official and otherwise has come down to a final five, at least per Gawker, which has been behind the effort. Vote here for one of these options:
- Doucheoisie Won 25% of the vote in early round, and, Hamilton Nolan notes, “sounds pretty.”
- Fauxhemians It's fun to say, but "is it mean enough?"
- Pabstsmears Yes, a good play on hipsters’ fave brew, but “takes extraordinarily exact pronunciation to distinguish it from a more all-purpose slur.”
- Probos (professional hobos). “Pithy; easy to say; might actually catch on,” as plus factors. “Minus: What percentage of hipsters are professionals?”
- Trendsluts “Deliciously zingy,” Nolan notes, but “might offend sluts.”
(Read more hipster