Don’t get him wrong—Tim Love appreciates bacon as much as the next celebrity chef, but “I have to speak truth to power: The bacon craze has gone too far.” When you can get “bacon coffee, bacon cereal, bacon ice cream,” it’s “high time we all stepped beyond the comfort zones of familiar trends,” Love writes on the Daily Beast. Herewith, some examples of how bacon has jumped the shark:
- Bacon mug: Beer served in a bacon lattice for "baconistas who don’t know if they’re hungry or thirsty."
- Baconnaisse: A spreadable mix of mayonnaise and bacon. Now bacon isn't just "like" a condiment, it "actually is a condiment."
- Bacon coffee: An expert rationalizes the product thus: "More people are saying ‘here’s how I really like my bacon.’” In a cup, apparently.
- Bacon cereal: Take bacon, add milk. "An easy excuse to eat precut bacon bits with a spoon."
- Bacon mints: Sure, "putting bacon on your food just makes it taste better," as the expert says. But is a mint food? And could a bacon mint actually improve your breath?
- Bacon ice cream: Apparently, anything + bacon = delicious.
For the full list of outré bacon applications, click here
(Read more bacon