Tiger Woods shocked many by mentioning Buddhism in his televised mea culpa. "People probably don't realize it, but I was raised a Buddhist,” he said. "I drifted away from it in recent years." He's not the only big-shot Buddhist around, the Daily Beast notes. Here are some other celebs who keep the faith:
- Keanu Reeves: "There is a profound power that is awakened in us by contemplating impermanence and death," says the man who converted after playing Siddhartha in Little Buddha in 1993.
- Orlando Bloom: The actor credits the religion with giving him “an unshakable sense of self,” and says his faith is "a real anchor."
- k.d. lang: Though she began studying the religion 10 years ago, she says she's felt like a Buddhist since childhood.
- Tina Turner: The faith gave her the strength to leave her husband. ''I tested it, and it worked,'' she says.
- Steven Seagal: The actor, who has studied Buddhism since childhood, was declared a reincarnated lama in 1997.
- Leonard Cohen: He wrote Hallelujah, but later spent five years living in a Zen Buddhist monastery.
- Miranda Kerr: "It is very grounding and really centering," says the model, who was introduced to Buddhism by Orlando Bloom.
For the full list, which includes another Orlando Bloom paramour, here
(Read more Buddhism