Meghan McCain has been weighing in on intriguing people all year, right? Maverick Junior takes a crack at the year's most intriguing, dipping into both the entertainment and political worlds.
- McCain kicks things off with Gen. Stanley McChrystal, the US commander in Afghanistan who has "the courage to keep national attention on the conflict without alienating the president."
- The name Kathryn Bigelow might not ring a bell, but it will if the Hurt Locker director—and James Cameron's ex-wife—wins an Oscar.
- "If Howard Stern were pretty enough to pose for Playboy, he’d be Chelsea Handler," McCain says. Consider the glass ceiling of late-night TV broken.
- Neil Patrick Harris was everywhere in 2009, and "and his sexuality is simply an afterthought."
- Love Twitter or hate it, creators Evan Williams and Biz Stone are the ones to thank—or blame.
- Comedian Zach Galifianakis had a breakout year, stealing scenes left and right in both The Hangover and Bored to Death.
For the rest of McCain's picks, check out the Daily Beast
(Read more Meghan McCain