They make for grim reading. Police in Colorado have released more than 20 warrants related to the murder charges against Patrick Frazee in the death of fiancee Kelsey Berreth, 29. They reveal how authorities zeroed in on the 32-year-old Frazee as a suspect, in part because of "several inconsistencies between the information that Patrick initially gave officers and information obtained during the investigation," per the Denver Channel. The details:
- The allegations: Police say Frazee beat Berreth to death with a baseball bat in her apartment on Nov. 22, then got a woman he was having an affair with—Idaho nurse Krystal Lee Kenney—to help clean up the crime scene. Kenney, who told police that Frazee had tried to pressure her into killing Berreth, is cooperating with investigators. Berreth's body remains missing.
- The evidence: The warrants show that police found a "floral fitted sheet with possible blood" in Frazee's home. More gruesomely, they found an envelope with four teeth and a second envelope with a single tooth. The latter may have been one that Kenney said Frazee specifically asked her to look for, telling her it had fallen down an air vent in the attack, reports the Denver Post.
- Outburst: Frazee and Berreth had an infant daughter who had been born three weeks early. When hospital staffers wouldn't let the child stay in Berreth's hospital room because the newborn needed extra care, Frazee became so angry and abusive toward staff that they called Social Services, reports the Gazette. The baby was temporarily removed from the care of the couple until investigators could "determine if Kelsey was being physically abused by Patrick." He was apparently cleared, and the matter seems to have ended there.
- More evidence: The warrants include a photo of blood found on the toilet in Berreth's apartment, taken by her mother and brother, who were immediately suspicious when Berreth went missing. Investigators also found blood on walls, floorboards, and the refrigerator.
- Weird coincidence: Within hours of the time police think Berreth was killed, they found a Facebook post by a woman named Sheila McCorkle-Frazee showing a photo of Glinda from the Wizard of Oz and captioned, "YAY the witch is dead." Frazee's mother is Sheila Frazee, but investigators later concluded she was not the same Sheila Frazee who made the post. “It’s just a very strange coincidence, but it is not Patrick Frazee’s mother,” a DA spokesperson tells the Gazette.
- What's next: Frazee is charged with first-degree murder and solicitation to commit murder, and his arraignment hearing is set for April 8, reports Fox News. Meanwhile, authorities continue to search a landfill near his house for Berreth's body.
(Read more Kelsey Berreth