Sure, you can wager on whether the Patriots or the Rams will win the Super Bowl on Sunday, but where's the fun in that? All kinds of unusual "prop bets" also are available to gamblers. Here are eight from USA Today, CBS Sports, Fox News, and even Golf.com:
- Length of national anthem: Specifically, whether Gladys Knight will go over 105 seconds.
- Trick play: How many players will attempt a pass? The over-under is 2.5, meaning someone other than QBs Tom Brady and Jared Goff will have to launch one.
- Shirtless: Will Adam Levine of Maroon 5 take off his shirt during the halftime show? The smart money is on "no."
- Where's Gisele? How many times will Brady wife Gisele Bundchen be shown? The over-under is 1.5.
- Birdies vs. catches: The bet is whether the Patriots' Julian Edelman has more catches in the game than golfer Phil Mickelson has birdies at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. Stats suggest it's not easy to call.
- Tony Romo: He's famous for predicting plays; the bet is whether one he predicts will result in a TD.
- The roof: Will the roof of Atlanta's Mercedez-Benz Stadium be open or closed at kickoff?
- Trump tweets: How many tweets will the president deliver all day on Sunday? The over-under is 6. Of note: The president is a Patriots fan.
(A TV producer just lost his job
over a Brady slam.)