It's only Wednesday, and yet it's already been a good week for the paranormal. First came coverage of Miami GOP congressional candidate Bettina Rodriguez Aguilera, who once said she's remained in telepathic contact with aliens ever since she was abducted at age 7 by "three blond, big-bodied beings" who took her into their ship. Next up, Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan, who NME reports this week shared a detail-light story with Howard Stern on his eponymous show about once encountering a shape-shifter. "Let's just say I was with somebody once and I saw a transformation that I can't explain." Prodded Stern, "The person transformed into something other than human?" "Yes, I saw it," replied Corgan definitively. "I was totally sober." Read on to learn about eight more celebs who say they've had out-of-this-world experiences.
- Kesha: The singer also clarified that she was "totally sober" when she spotted a UFO. In a July interview with Billboard, she says she was in Joshua Tree, "a totally sober Sally, just a lady in the desert. I look up in the sky and there's a bunch of spaceships." As for how many, she estimated five to seven, and says they disappeared only to return in a new formation.
- Muhammad Ali: The boxer's experience was no one-off. The Telegraph quotes UFO expert Timothy Green Beckley as saying, "Of all the famous folks I've spent time with discussing UFOs and theories about extraterrestrial civilizations and life in outer space, no one seems to know more about the subject—at least from a firsthand point of view." The paper shares some of Ali's alleged sightings, including in a New York park and while on the New Jersey Turnpike.
- Olivia Newton-John: The Telegraph recounts the experience as told by another celeb. The Grease star says her alien encounter happened at age 15, when she saw a UFO flying at "amazing speeds."
- Fran Drescher: The Nanny star's story is far from a casual sighting. She told the Huffington Post in 2012 that she and ex-husband Peter Marc Jacobson were abducted by aliens, separately. We were "doing the same thing, driving on the road with our dads. We were both in junior high. A few years later, we met, and we realized that we had the same experience. ... We both have this scar" in the same spot on their hands. She suggested that's where the aliens implanted a chip; her ex wasn't exactly on board with that theory.
- Nick Jonas: One of the Jonas Brothers gave an interview picked up by People about an experience that he says happened somewhere around 2007, when he was a teen. "I was in my backyard in LA, and I looked up at the sky and [saw] three flying saucers." He says the friend he was with saw the same thing. "Then I went online and looked and there were three identical sightings, two weeks before."
- Elvis Presley: The BBC recounts a story told by Elvis' "spiritual adviser and hairstylist," Larry Geller, who says the singer communicated with aliens telepathically at age 8, and that they showed him a vision of a man in a white jumpsuit.
- John Lennon: In a 2004 piece for the Telegraph, Uri Geller recounts a story Lennon told him about being visited one night by four "little" people. "Bug-like. Big bug eyes and little bug mouths and they were scuttling at me like roaches. ... I tried to throw them out, but, when I took a step towards them, they kind of pushed me back. ... It was like they just willed me. Pushed me with willpower and telepathy."
- Lupe Fiasco: Like Drescher, this rapper says he was left with a parting scar. In a 2012 interview picked up by MTV, he describes "waking up and just being shocked, like I was surrounded by all this electricity" at age 11. "It stops and I look out the window and I see a black disc fly down in front of the window." He says he has a scar on the bottom of his ankle that he suspects is related.
(Read more aliens