Seventh GOP debate, seven candidates, and eight standout attacks at the presidential hopefuls' GOP rivals and at the Democratic contenders:
- Ted Cruz: "Now, secondly, let me say I'm a maniac and everyone on this stage is stupid, fat, and ugly. And Ben, you're a terrible surgeon. Now that we've gotten the Donald Trump portion out of the way ... "
- Marco Rubio: "This is the lie that Ted's campaign is built on ... that he's the most conservative guy and everyone else is a RINO. The truth is, Ted, throughout this campaign you've been saying or doing anything to get votes."
- Rand Paul: "But it's a falseness, and that's an authenticity problem—that everybody [Cruz] knows is not as perfect as him because we're all for amnesty."
- Rubio again: "I think Bernie Sanders is a good candidate for president ... of Sweden." (Which has no president.)
- Chris Christie: "I watched the video of Senator Cruz. I watched the video of Senator Rubio. I heard what they said. And this is why you need to send someone from outside of Washington to Washington. I feel like I need a Washington-to-English dictionary converter, right?"
- Christie again: "I will take [Hillary Clinton] on, and when I take her on I guarantee you one thing: She will never get within 10 miles of the White House. The days for the Clintons in public housing are over."
- Jeb Bush/Rubio/Bush exchange: "[Rubio] led the charge to finally fix this immigration problem. And then he cut and run, because I guess it wasn't popular among conservatives." / "You used to support an earned path to citizenship." / "So did you. So did you, Marco."
- Paul again: "I do think ... if any CEO in our country did [what Bill Clinton did] with an intern, with a 22-year-old, 21-year-old intern in their office, they would be fired. They would never be hired again. ... And the thing is, [Hillary] can't be a champion of women's rights at the same time she's got this that is always lurking out there."
(Read more GOP Debate