For all his influence in the media biz, Matt Drudge himself is downright invisible. But the creator of the Drudge Report gave a rare interview to radio host Alex Jones Tuesday in which he offered up his views on topics ranging from Hillary Clinton to social media. (Drudge remained off-camera in the show's webcam, but you can hear him here.) Some snippets, from CNNMoney, Politico, and Business Insider:
- Clinton: Referring to his own critics, he said, "They've always said, 'Oh, he's a right-wing gossip-monger.' Mainly because of (Monica) Lewinsky and those years—which by the way, are back. Why aren't we seeing Hillary's lovers? Excuse me, why aren't we seeing Hillary's lovers? Where's the cover-up on this?" He also said that "she's old and she's sick."
- Clinton, II: "I've been saying they could put Hillary Clinton's brain in a jar in the Oval Office and she'd be elected. People are really sick."
- 2016 race: "Trump comes along, says a few things—just a few things!—and soars to the top of the list. That's profound. Imagine if we actually had a good selection of candidates who were saying a lot. ... Where it's going to end up, I don't know. I'm very pessimistic—I'm very pessimistic—on this race because I'm just not sure it's not going to end up with the dreaded brain in the jar in the Oval Office once known as Hillary Clinton."
- Facebook: "I'm not on Facebook. I don't do the socials. I've got that little Twitter thing—even that's kind of disgusting. ... I'm just warning this country that yes, don't get into this false sense that you are an individual when you're on Facebook. No, you're not. You're a pawn in their scheme."
- Twitter: "Now it's these endless, monotonous tweets. Meaningless—meaningless!—to me. It's just a lot of gnats, a lot of confusion. When the reality of the situation is life on Earth has not changed. We need facts. We need events. We need specifics on things. Not all this confusion."
(Read more Matt Drudge