Conan O'Brien started last night's MTV Movie Awards off with a bang, racking up 50 celebrity cameos in the filmed sketch that opened the show—including Taylor Swift, Grumpy Cat, Tracy Morgan as Banksy, Martin Scorsese, and Jack Nicholson's middle finger. The director of the segment tells the Hollywood Reporter the whole thing came together in just three weeks, and each cameo was filmed in just six minutes. More buzzy moments:
- O'Brien closed his opening monologue with a big musical number involving a gospel choir.
- Zac Efron won Best Shirtless Performance, so of course, he had to take his shirt off onstage. (See all the winners here.)
- Mark Wahlberg gave a bizarre acceptance speech, involving a lot of bleeps, when he won the Generation Award. It wasn't clear exactly what the speech was about, but PopSugar rounds up the topics he covered: Palm Sunday, Tom Cruise, Ted 2, his rap career, Victoria's Secret models, his underwear model days, and more.
- While accepting the Movie of the Year award for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Josh Hutcherson paid tribute to co-star Philip Seymour Hoffman, the Huffington Post reports. "I know that if Philip were here, he would really think this is really cool," Hutcherson said. "To have him in our movies was one of the coolest things in the world."
- There was also a tribute, led by Fast & Furious star Jordana Brewster, to Paul Walker.
- Mila Kunis has yet to confirm she's pregnant, but she was definitely sporting a baby bump—see the picture here.
(Read more MTV Movie Awards