Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Hillary Clinton 2016
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Just Sued
Mar 24, 2022 3:25 PM CDT
Trump Just Sued Hillary Clinton
Filing contains accusations about Democratic efforts to tie his campaign to Russia
- Former President Trump filed a sweeping federal lawsuit Thursday, arguing that Hillary Clinton and dozens of others plotted against him in the 2016 presidential race, nurturing false accusations. The filing says Clinton—the Democratic presidential nominee that year—conspired with her campaign, the Democratic National Committee, various campaign aides, former...
Feb 11, 2022 3:40 PM CST
Clinton Sends Snarky Message Amid Trump Reports
She is selling caps that read 'But Her Emails'
- Hillary Clinton is in business after reports that former President Trump flushed documents in White House toilets. The former secretary of state, who lost to Trump in the 2016 presidential election, is promoting caps carrying the message, "But Her Emails," the Hill reports. Clinton's use of a...
Election Feature That
'Triggered' Dems Is Gone
Oct 24, 2020 3:00 PM CDT
Election Feature That 'Triggered' Dems Is Gone
America can say goodbye to 'the Needle'
- The one thing most likely to conjure nightmares of the 2016 election night for opponents of President Trump is the Needle, the AP reports. A graphic on the
New York Times
' website, the Needle measured in real time the probability of victory for Trump or Hillary Clinton as votes...
Aug 30, 2020 8:34 AM CDT
Michael Moore Offers 'Reality Check' on Election
Filmmaker sees similarities to Clinton's 2016 loss
- Joe Biden's presidential campaign "just announced he'll be visiting a number of states—but not Michigan," Michael Moore posted. "Sound familiar?" Hillary Clinton didn't campaign in the state in 2016 and lost Michigan to Donald Trump. Moore was among the few who saw Trump'...
' Op-Ed Page
Fumbles Yet Again
Aug 8, 2020 3:00 PM CDT
' Op-Ed Page Fumbles Yet Again
This time, Maureen Dowd's latest column left out an entire Democratic presidential ticket
- Hillary Clinton has a little advice for celebrated
New York Times
columnist Maureen Dowd: ditch the pot brownies. The former presidential candidate and secretary of state fired off a sharp tweet Saturday after the op-ed writer apparently forgot about Clinton's run for office in 2016, Mediaite reports. "It'...
Hillary Has More
to Say About Bernie
Feb 1, 2020 6:30 AM CST
Hillary Has More to Say About Bernie
Clinton says Sanders didn't unify the Democratic party after 2016 primary
- Hillary Clinton is not done talking about Bernie Sanders. The 2016 Democratic presidential nominee said in a podcast interview that aired Friday that Sanders didn't try to unify the party after losing the primary to her four years ago and that he and his supporters contributed to her loss...
8 Accused of Conspiracy
Around Clinton Donations
Dec 4, 2019 6:30 PM CST
8 Accused of Conspiracy Around Clinton Donations
Lebanese-American businessman George Nader is back in the news
- The Justice Department on Tuesday charged eight people—including a prominent political donor to both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump and a Lebanese-American businessman who was a witness in Robert Mueller’s investigation—with conspiring to conceal the source of more than $3.5 million in donations to Clinton, the...
Feb 26, 2019 3:04 AM CST
Bernie Sanders Demanded Private Jets: Clinton Aides
But Vermont senator's staff calls nominee and her 2016 team 'total ingrates'
- For someone who talks about the evils of the fossil fuel industry and the dangers of climate change, Bernie Sanders takes a lot of private jets—at least according to Hillary Clinton's former campaign staffers. Politico spoke to six of them, plus another source familiar with travel arrangements, and...
Cruz: Scalia's Death May Have
Cost Clinton the Presidency
Jun 28, 2018 1:58 PM CDT
Cruz: Scalia's Death May Have Cost Clinton the Presidency
The Texas senator believes the 2016 election was a referendum on the Supreme Court
- Justice Anthony Kennedy’s announcement that he will retire, giving President Trump a second Supreme Court pick , has set off a flurry of debate about the direction of the court. If Kennedy, a swing voter, is replaced by a strongly conservative justice, that justice could shape the court’s decisions...
We Warned Clinton
Feb 22, 2018 5:10 AM CST
Bernie Sanders: We Warned Clinton About Russians
He says his supporters were targeted by bot campaign
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says that in some ways, Robert Mueller's report on Russian election meddling isn't news to him—because he knew before the 2016 election that his supporters were being targeted by people seeking to "sow division within the American people." Sanders tells the
'Go to Hell'
Nov 5, 2017 3:58 PM CST
Donna Brazile to Critics: 'Go to Hell'
Former DNC chair says she won't be quiet
- Donna Brazile has strong words for anyone who wishes she'd kept quiet instead of airing her implication that the Democratic National Committee essentially rigged the 2016 presidential primary for Hillary Clinton. "George, for those who are telling the me to shut up, they told Hillary that a couple...
Reports: Clinton Campaign,
DNC Funded Russia Dossier
Oct 25, 2017 6:46 AM CDT
Reports: Clinton Campaign, DNC Funded Russia Dossier
Law firm picked up where GOP opponent left off
- Funding for research included in the explosive dossier on President Trump's Russia connections came from none other than the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, per reports in the
New York Times
. A l etter filed in court Tuesday details how research firm...
Clinton Has 'No Doubt'
Trump Team Helped Russians
Sep 12, 2017 5:21 AM CDT
Clinton Has 'No Doubt' Trump Team Helped Russians
'Putin wanted me to lose and wanted Trump to win'
- Hillary Clinton blames a lot of people for her election loss in new book
including herself—and Vladimir Putin. She says that she is now "convinced" that there was collusion between members of President Trump's campaign team and Russians seeking to meddle in the election. "...
Clinton: 'My Skin Crawled'
When Trump Stood Behind Me
Aug 23, 2017 7:11 AM CDT
Clinton: 'My Skin Crawled' When Trump Stood Behind Me
In memoir, she wonders if she should have said, 'Back up, creep'
has gotten an early excerpt from Hillary Clinton's upcoming memoir, and one snippet in particular is already making headlines everywhere from Axios to Breitbart . In it, Clinton recalls an Oct. 9 town-hall debate with Donald Trump during which he stood behind her as she spoke,...
Dishes Out a
Big Bowl of
May 31, 2017 6:12 PM CDT
Hillary Clinton Dishes Out a Big Bowl of Blame
Says the media, Russia, DNC, and a 'very broad assumption' fueled her loss
- Hillary Clinton spoke with Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher at Recode's CodeCon on Wednesday, and she did not hold back. In Vox's view, she spared her campaign but heaped plenty of blame on others, including Russia, the media, and the DNC. "I get the nomination, I'm...
This Is Why
I Lost to Trump
Apr 7, 2017 6:38 AM CDT
Clinton: This Is Why I Lost to Trump
She says misogyny definitely played a role
- Hillary Clinton gave her first public post-election interview at the Women in the World Summit in New York City Thursday—and the election was one of the main topics. Clinton, who was interviewed by Nicholas Kristof of the
New York Times
after being introduced by Samantha Bee from
Insiders Say Clinton Only
Conceded After Obama Called
Nov 26, 2016 6:36 AM CST
Insiders Say Clinton Only Conceded After Obama Called
- Hillary Clinton didn't concede the election until after a late-night phone call from President Obama, according to a new book on the historic defeat. The
reports that authors Amie Parnes and Jonathan Allen say sources told them Obama called Clinton as results came in from Ohio, Pennsylvania, and...
Now Leads by
Nov 24, 2016 8:29 AM CST
Hillary Clinton Now Leads by 2.1M Votes
Checking in on the latest figures
- When Newser last checked in on the state of Election 2016's popular vote on Tuesday, Hillary Clinton was leading President-elect Donald Trump by about 1.7 million votes. Two days later, as absentee and provisional ballots continue to be tallied, that lead has passed the 2 million mark. That'...
No, We Won't Try
to Lock Her Up
Nov 22, 2016 9:21 AM CST
Trump Team: No, We Won't Try to Lock Her Up
Kellyanne Conway says as much to MSNBC
- In an early October debate , Donald Trump said to Hillary Clinton that "if I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation." The former has come to pass, but the latter apparently won't, at least according...
Nov 13, 2016 8:40 AM CST
Clinton: Comey's Late Bombs Torpedoed My Campaign
Says in call that FBI director's letters dealt her last-minute irrecoverable blows
- Hillary Clinton isn't writing James Comey any love letters these days, reports the
New York Times ,
with the vanquished Democrat briefly raising her head Saturday to tell top fundraisers in a conference call that while "there are lots of reasons why an election like this is not successful,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kyrsten Sinema Says She's Leaving Democratic Party
It's a 'Huge Milestone' for US Currency
Griner in 'Very Good Spirits,' as Viktor Bout Slams US
Congressman-Elect, 25, Denied DC Apartment
Sword Swallower's Act Goes Very, Very Wrong
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.